POST TITLE: IT Services Technician
GRADE: Scale Point 5
REPORTS TO: IT Manager
‘Come questioning, go seeking, grow’
Henley College IT is undergoing rapid development to ensure it can continue to support the College in its quest for educational excellence. Your role as IT Services technician will be to help support the team.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Diagnosis of OS/software/ hardware/cabling faults
• Monitoring of Service Desk and ongoing tickets.
• I st line helpdesk support for all PC, telephone, network, AV and peripheral related issues
• User account maintenance, i.e. password resets, user/mailbox administration, telephone extension assignment.
• Maintaining asset inventories.
• Liaising with suppliers/service providers and monitoring on-site contractors.
• To support staff and students in the use of ICT equipment i.e. PCs, Tablets, AV, phones & printers.
• To operate an equipment loan service.
• To assist in the introduction of new technology to support learning.
• To monitor, maintain and repair ICT equipment including audio visual equipment.
• To provide ICT support for visitors and events outside of the curriculum, i.e. examinations, guest lectures, auditors, inspectors.
• Contributing to technical documentation and user reference material through the IT knowledge base.
• Co-ordinating and participating in cross training as required.
• To be involved in the student enrolment process.
• Such other duties in keeping with the post as may be required by the IT Manager.
• To identify personal and professional staff development needs to meet the College’s Strategic Plan.
• To ensure continuous professional development (CPD) requirements as specified by the College and that may be identified during College processes, for example Appraisal.
• To participate in the College Appraisal Scheme.
• To maintain awareness of the requirements of the College Health and Safety Policy and to be responsible for ensuring that the duties and responsibilities detailed in the College Health and Safety Policy are adhered to and carried out.
• To read and apply the College Safeguarding and Prevent procedures and to ensure that the duties and responsibilities detailed in the College Safeguarding Policy and Prevent Duty Policy are adhered to and carried out.
• To read the College Single Equality Scheme and to act in accordance with statutory obligations under the equality duties and in compliance with current Equality and Diversity legislation.
• To ensure adherence to the College Data Protection Policy.
• To work to the College quality standards and systems within the context of the College quality systems.
• To undertake such other duties and responsibilities as are appropriate to this level of post, including any reasonable request made by Head of Faculty or Senior Leadership Team.
Essential Skills and Characteristics
• Good standard of education in relevant discipline.
• Good customer service skills.
• Identification and basic troubleshooting of networking, hardware and software issues.
• Wi-Fi troubleshooting ability.
• Experience in fault diagnosis and problem solving.
• Skills in building, configuring and repairing ICT equipment and peripherals.
• Ability to identify cabling faults.
• Recent and relevant experience of Windows desktop OS platforms.
• Competent in the maintenance of audio visual equipment, including projectors.
• Good communication skills.
• Enthusiasm for exploring and learning new IT skills.
• Ability to learn new technologies and methods.
• Methodical worker with good attention to detail.
• Ability to work alone or as part of a team to fulfill business needs.
• Ability to work flexibly. Occasional working outside of normal hours to support the needs of the business.
• Good organisational skills and ability to prioritise tasks.
• Relevant working experience
Desirable Skills and Characteristics
• Experience of educational environment.
• Experience of maintaining and servicing IT and audio visual equipment.
• Experience of 1st line/2nd line technical support.
• Knowledge of copyright and licensing law relating to off-air recording and music performance.
• Experience of multi-media technology
• Experience of supporting Mac's.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Tenure of post: Fixed Term Contract until February 2022, All Year Round
Hours of work: Full time at 37 hours per week (Monday – Friday)
Holiday: 23 days per leave year (1st September to 31st August), plus 8 bank holidays and up to 4 College Closure days.
Salary: From £22,383.00 per annum.
Pension: Local Government Pension Scheme. This is an employee and employer contributory pension scheme.
The Henley College is an Equal Opportunities Employer. The Henley College is committed to
safeguarding and promoting the welfare of learners and expects all staff to share this
commitment. This position is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check.