“Hoe Valley School is an inspiring environment at the heart of its community where every student’s experience is personalised. Our students will learn to think independently, pursue their ambitions and achieve to their highest potential.”
Hoe Valley School is
- An oversubscribed secondary school which opened in September 2015 to serve the local community of South Woking
- Rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted in June 2018
- Delivering innovative and exciting lessons to years 7-13
- Committed to ensuring our students leave us with excellent academic outcomes, the skills to be ‘work-ready’ and the traits of excellent global citizens
- Following the national curriculum offering an extended day allowing time for additional Maths and English along with time for all students to complete their homework during the compulsory day
- A Google School with ICT fully embedded in all curriculum areas
- Growing its new STEAM focussed academic Sixth Form, which opened in September 2023
- Committed to learning which is relevant with links to the ‘real world’ of business, higher education and the local community
- In a state of the art new School completed in September 2018 on Egley Road, Woking
- Committed to supporting our staff to have a good work / life balance by offering longer school holidays, bespoke CPD programmes, minimising paperwork and meetings and ultimately by trusting our staff to deliver excellent outcomes.
We are looking for Exam Invigilators to join our team. This role is to ensure the examinations run smoothly, with the best possible experience provided for our students, whilst ensuring the examination board regulations are observed at all times.
The exam season covers six weeks in May and June, with opportunities to support internal examinations at other times of the year. The work is paid on an hourly basis and you would be required for a mixture of morning, afternoon and all day sessions. Candidates should be able to commit themselves to working sessions throughout the examination period.
A successful candidate would work with the Exams Officer to ensure
- The exam hall is set up correctly, according to exam regulations, and papers distributed correctly
- The students are seated in accordance with the seating plan
- The correct exam procedures are adhered to at all times
- Invigilators are vigilant and observe students sitting the exam to ensure they are not communicating or disrupting others
- After the examination, all papers are collated correctly for return to the examinations office
You will be
- Reliable, punctual and hard working
- Professional and well-organised
- A good communicator
- Calm, with common sense, and pay attention to detail
- Available to work flexible hours
- Willing to undertake an Enhanced DBS check
Previous experience would be an advantage but not essential as full training will be provided.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful appointments are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced check. Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.