“Hoe Valley School is an inspiring environment at the heart of its community where every student’s experience is personalised. Our students will learn to think independently, pursue their ambitions and achieve to their highest potential.”
We are looking to appoint a highly organised, articulate and friendly individual to provide a part-time receptionist and secretarial service for the staff and to ensure appropriate administrative procedures are undertaken. You will be the first point of contact with parents/carers, students, agencies, governors, staff and all visitors so will ensure the first impression given is of the highest standard whether in person or over the telephone.
You will have a friendly and confident personality, well spoken and written communication skills, and an excellent telephone manner and the ability to stay calm under pressure.
We offer an incentive package which includes:
● Commitment to supporting our staff to have a good work/life balance by offering longer school holidays
● On-going investment into your career development through bespoke CPD programmes
● Access to the Cycle 2 Work scheme allowing a discount on the cost of bikes and equipment
● Corporate membership to the Sportsbox Leisure Centre, located next to the School
● On-site parking
Start date: A.S.A.P.
Contract type: Permanent; Term-time plus 4 weeks
Working hours: 12.30pm to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday (i.e. 25 hours per week)
Salary: circa £15k to £17k
● The post holder will report to the Head Teacher’s PA and work closely with other staff
● To deal with enquiries, answering telephone and relaying messages to staff and students
● To deal with student enquiries
● To ensure all visitors are signed in at Reception and a visitor pass issued and rigorous safeguarding procedures are followed
● To update student details on the School’s MIS (SIMS). Training will be given
● To support the first aid department with any injuries, medical issues, sickness. Training will be given
● To sort incoming mail and dispatch outgoing mail
● To word process and produce school documentation required by staff and departments as directed by the Head Teacher’s PA
● Liaise with staff, parents/carers and external agencies as appropriate, sharing information as directed and ensuring local procedures are followed
● To photocopy and reproduce documents as and when required
● To deal with all confidential matters with tact & discretion
● Work as part of the overall administrative team of the School to ensure the School runs smoothly and effectively at all times
● Follow the School’s policies and procedures in the event of an emergency and attend relevant training
● Support with School events as requested by the Head Teacher’s PA
● Any other duties as requested by the Head Teacher’s PA
● Contribute to the overall ethos, vision and aims of the School
● Appreciate and support the role of other professionals
● Attend relevant meetings as required
● Participate in training and other learning activities as required
● To carry out the above duties in accordance with the School’s Safeguarding Policy.
The above list is not exhaustive and may be subject to amendment in due course in discussion with the relevant employee.
Hoe Valley School is:
● An oversubscribed secondary school which opened in September 2015 to serve the local community of South Woking
● In a state of the art new School completed in September 2018 on Egley Road, Woking
● Rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted in June 2018
● Delivering innovative and exciting lessons to years 7, 8, 9 10 & 11
● Committed to ensuring our students leave us with excellent academic outcomes, the skills to be ‘work-ready’ and the traits of excellent global citizens
● Following the national curriculum offering an extended day allowing time for additional Maths and English along with time for all students to complete their homework during the compulsory day
● A Google School with ICT fully embedded in all curriculum areas
● Committed to learning which is relevant with links to the ‘real world’ of business, higher education and the local community
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful appointments are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced check. Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.