“Hoe Valley School is an inspiring environment at the heart of its community where every student’s experience is personalised. Our students will learn to think independently, pursue their ambitions and achieve to their highest potential.”
Are you considering a career in teaching but would like to gain some school experience first?
We are looking for a passionate, talented and rigorous Teaching Assistant to join our dedicated team in supporting the School on its journey to becoming an established outstanding community school.
The successful candidate will be part of the Personalisation Team, led by the SENCo, who will share and learn from one another as the School continues to grow. The successful candidate will lead on a specific area of SEND provision and develop an area of expertise to meet the needs of our cohort and reflect the individual’s skill-set. Experience working with students with ASD would be desirable but not essential.
Our new Teaching Assistant will contribute to improving standards in English, Maths and Science. They will work with students with an EHCP on a 1:1 level and within small intervention groups. They will share the school's vision and the belief that all young people can achieve at high levels.
For more detailed information, please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification.
- An oversubscribed secondary school which opened in September 2015 to serve the local community of South Woking
- In a state of the art new School completed in September 2018 on Egley Road, Woking
- Rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted in June 2018
- Delivering innovative and exciting lessons to years 7, 8, 9, 10 & 11
- Committed to ensuring our students leave us with excellent academic outcomes, the skills to be ‘work-ready’ and the traits of excellent global citizens
- Following the national curriculum offering an extended day allowing time for additional Maths and English along with time for all students to complete their homework during the compulsory day
- A Google School with ICT fully embedded in all curriculum areas
- Committed to learning which is relevant with links to the ‘real world’ of business, higher education and the local community
- Opening a STEAM focussed academic 6th Form in September 2023
- Committed to supporting our staff to have a good work / life balance by offering longer school holidays, bespoke CPD programmes, minimising paperwork and meetings and ultimately by trusting our staff to deliver excellent outcomes
- Reduced gym membership at our neighbouring sports facility (SportsBox)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to convenient and free parking
To start: September 2022
Hours: 40 hours per week, term time only
Salary: £ Competitive
Closing date: Wednesday 31 August 2022
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve the right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful appointments are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced check. Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.