Salary: £9.35 per hour
Start date: ASAP
Contract: Casual Contract
Closing Date: 28/11/21
Interview Date: TBC
We require an Exam Invigilator to join Holcombe Grammar School to support with the busy exam periods. Your presence will maintain the integrity of examinations in an environment that enables a student to perform at their best.
You will assist with setting up of exam venues, checking examination packs, assisting candidates and actively invigilating during examinations. You will be required to check attendance, record relevant details, so good communication, both written and verbal, are essential. You may be required to scribe/read for students – full training will be provided.
Employment for this position is offered on a casual basis. Hours worked vary between 8.00 am and 5.30 pm. Exam sessions are up to three hours, so invigilation sessions may be up to four hours in some instances. You will be asked to attend a training session where full training for the role will be given.
Holcombe Grammar School delivers an inspiring curriculum…appropriately adapted to the needs, abilities and interests of all pupils. A range of extra-curricular activities further promotes personal development and welfare– Ofsted 2018
Holcombe Grammar School is part of The Thinking Schools Academy Trust. We are a selective 11-18 boys’ school with a large and growing mixed Sixth Form. At Holcombe Grammar School our aim is that students develop into successful, well rounded, confident young people who are equipped with the academic and life skills necessary to thrive in the modern world.
What you will need to succeed:
- It is essential that you possess good interpersonal skills and an ability to deal with matters calmly, swiftly and firmly, without being confrontational.
- Previous experience in working with secondary school age children would be a distinct advantage as would any previous supervision experience, although this is not essential.
- Confidentiality inside and outside the workplace is essential, as is the ability to support Academy ethos and vision into the wide community.
What we can offer you:
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes
- Access to a free and confidential employee assistance service, offering wellbeing support and counselling
- Onsite parking free of charge
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working at our small and friendly school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS disclosures at enhanced levels and Children’s Barred List check will be required prior to any offer of employment