Receptionist/ Administrative Assistant
Salary: TSAT C Scale £18,327 - £20,066 (Pro rata £15,867 - £17,373 for hours and weeks stated)
Hours per week: 37 hours per week, term time + 10 days (40 weeks)
Start date: ASAP
Closing Date: 30/01/2022
Interview Date: TBC
We are recruiting for a Receptionist/ Administrative Assistant to join Holcombe Grammar School. We are looking for a well-organised, efficient and enthusiastic person to join our team to assist in supporting the Office Manager by providing a range of administrative support and reception service.
We are looking for someone with excellent all-round IT skills and the ability to be flexible. You will provide a friendly, welcoming, first point of contact for parents/carers, visitors and staff. You will have the ability to cope with conflicting demands, deadlines and interruptions and to work to tight deadlines in a methodical manner observing confidentiality at all times.
Holcombe Grammar School delivers an inspiring curriculum…appropriately adapted to the needs, abilities and interests of all pupils. A range of extra-curricular activities further promotes personal development and welfare– Ofsted 2018
Holcombe Grammar School is part of The Thinking Schools Academy Trust. We are a selective 11-18 boys’ school with a large and growing mixed Sixth Form. At Holcombe Grammar School our aim is that students develop into successful, well rounded, confident young people who are equipped with the academic and life skills necessary to thrive in the modern world.
What you will need to succeed:
For a full list of responsibilities please see the attached JD
- Attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft 365
- Ability to be flexible
- Able to provide a friendly, welcoming, first point of contact for parents/carers, visitors and staff.
- Ability to cope with conflicting demands, deadlines and interruptions and to work to tight deadlines in a methodical manner observing confidentiality at all times.
- A good standard of education, including GCSE Maths and English at grade C or above
- First Aid Qualification desirable but essential
- Previous experience in a similar role would be desirable.
What our Trust will offer you:
- The opportunity to work with happy and well-behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
- Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of New Horizons Children’s Academy
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- Free parking in our staff carpark
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working at our small and friendly school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS disclosures at enhanced levels and Children’s Barred List check will be required prior to any offer of employment