Teacher of Computer Science
Salary: £27,186 - £42,192
Start date: 1st September 2021
Contract: Maternity Contract
We require a part time Teacher of Computer Science to join Holcombe Grammar School, we can offer flexibilty with the working hours for this post and would encourage any applicants to contact us directly to discuss this position further.
The successful applicant will be a motivated and enthusiastic teacher who has a positive and open approach to learning and you will be joining a team of committed professionals teaching our fantastic students from years 7 -13. This post is suitable for an experienced teacher or NQT with a passion for Computer Science.
Holcombe Grammar School delivers an inspiring curriculum…appropriately adapted to the needs, abilities and interests of all pupils. A range of extra-curricular activities further promotes personal development and welfare– Ofsted 2018
Holcombe Grammar School is part of The Thinking Schools Academy Trust. We are a selective 11-18 boys’ school with a large and growing mixed Sixth Form. At Holcombe Grammar School our aim is that students develop into successful, well rounded, confident young people who are equipped with the academic and life skills necessary to thrive in the modern world.
Every individual at Holcombe Grammar School is encouraged to achieve their personal best and there is an emphasis on celebrating student progress as well as outright attainment. At the heart of the school is our MET agenda – Mastery, Endeavour, Thinking. By using the ‘Thinking’ skills that are developed from Year 7, and through constant ‘Endeavour’, our students go on to develop ‘Mastery’ of their studies. Whilst many students go on to achieve places at Oxford, Cambridge and other Russell Group universities, we celebrate the achievements of all students. The vast majority of our students go on to top universities at the end of the Sixth Form.
What you will need to succeed:
- Be a qualified Computer Science teacher
- Be passionate about teaching and learning, ready to embrace new ideas and have a positive outlook and excellent interpersonal skills
- Have Good or Outstanding classroom practice with high expectations for achievement and behaviour
- Be able to plan and deliver a creative and stimulating curriculum and have a thorough knowledge of present curriculum developments particularly those relating to Computer Science
- Have high expectations for yourself and the children to ensure that all of our children achieve ‘Mastery’
- Be an aspiring leader of learning who is constantly willing to grasp exciting CPD opportunities
- Be a team player, with a good sense of humour, willing to work as part of teams across the school.
- Contribute to the values, ethos and the development of our schools.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth.
We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
- Think about their Thinking
- Be their Best self
- Shape their Success
In this way we transform life chances
What our Trust will offer you:
- Minimum starting salary £27,186 for all NQTs
- Revised Teacher Payscale to retain and reward excellent teachers
- The opportunity to work with happy, determined and well behaved children who are excited about learning, and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- Regular opportunities to meet and share best practice with the other secondary schools within our trust
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice
- Excellent CPD opportunities including our Early career, Middle and Senior Leadership programmes
- As an accredited Chartered Teacher organisation you can become a recognised Charted Teacher
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of New Horizons Children’s Academy – next to Holcombe Grammar School.
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- Free parking in our staff carpark
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working at our small and friendly school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS disclosures at enhanced levels and Children’s Barred List check will be required prior to any offer of employment