Are you looking for an exciting new opportunity? Do you take pride in all that you do?
OVERVIEW OF THE SCHOOL AND THE ROLE
We seek to appoint a Site Maintenance Operative to provide support to the site management team, and undertake general maintenance and repairs. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a growing and consistently developing school. Huish Episcopi Academy is a large secondary school with approximately 1250 students (11-16 years) and 150 students at Huish Sixth, our sixth form provision which opened in September 2010. Lifestyle Fitness is also part of the school campus. There are approximately 200 staff.
WHY CHOOSE US
At Huish Episcopi Academy we believe that school should be a welcoming, safe and engaging environment. Huish Episcopi Academy is a wonderful place to work. Our staff are extremely dedicated, talented and committed to developing our Academy community into the very best it can be and we are always looking to add new and enthusiastic staff to our team.
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment is this well run and respected school.
- Competitive Salary
- Pension Scheme
- Employee health care plan through Simply Health.
- Onsite parking.
Please see our applicant welcome information pack on our career site for further information on the benefits of working at Huish Episcopi Academy.
This post requires working on a three week shift basis:
Shift A 06:30 to 14:00
Shift B 08:00 to 16:00
Shift C 10:00 to 18:30
The shifts are rotated between the Resident Caretaker and Site Maintenance Operatives. There is also a requirement to be available on a rota basis for weekend lettings (these are irregular at the moment, but likely to increase over the next two years).
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE:
- Experience of caretaking or premises management, building, cleaning or building management.
- Experience in building security duties, including alarm setting.
- Experience in the use of cleaning equipment.
- Able to undertake minor repairs and maintenance within the building
- Good planning and organisational skills and a flexible approach to the management of work.
- Ability to prioritise own workload.
Find out more on our School Career site
Huish Episcopi School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.