ARE YOU INTERESTED IN RELOCATING TO KUWAIT?
TAX FREE COUNTRY WITH ONE OF THE STRONGEST CURRENCIES IN THE WORLD.
COMFORTABLE LIVING – FRIENDLY PEOPLE – INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITIES
Following the retirement of our current Headteacher, the governing body of Kuwait English School are seeking to appoint a Headteacher (commencing September 2021) with strong leadership expertise and a drive for continued improvement to lead the next phase of development of the Senior High School in particular and the whole School in general.
This is a challenging opportunity for an experienced new leader (proven record of successful leadership to be furnished) to build on our current success, to develop a fresh perspective on whole school improvement, and implement positive changes to enhance our student and staff experience and to enhance our school community.
- You will be supported by 2 Deputy Headteachers and 1 Senior Teacher (all with reduced timetables)
- You will be accountable to the High Management Team
- Among other responsibilities you will be responsible for the strategic direction of the Senior High School and all aspects of the school’s day to day management including Academic and Pastoral matters through the Assistant Principals, staffing, discipline and curriculum.
- Emoluments and conditions compare very favorably to those of similar current overseas postings.
WHY CHOOSE US
Kuwait English School is a leading co-educational private English day school catering for children 3 – 18 years of age representing over 65 nationalities with an established excellent academic record providing quality education for the local and expat community of Kuwait. The school is located in purpose built premises and offers the British National Curriculum, IGCSE/GCSE/GCE A/S and A level. We have over 230 academic staff members who are highly qualified, well experienced have an excellent teaching experience record. KES is accredited by the BSME and the comment received from the most recent BSO inspection is: “Kuwait English School (KES) is a good school with significant outstanding features. The school provides a good quality of education complemented by a high level of student care.” Please check the full BSO Inspection Report on our website. We are also a member of the BSME
Detailed role description:
The successful candidate will be appointed to the Senior High School Department of Kuwait English School and will be in charge of managing his/her department in accordance with the codes of the country and the School Policies as outlined by the School High Management team being accountable to the School Director primarily. Such policies must be based on an understanding of the necessary, but fine interaction between the financial and educational constraints in a fee-paying, multinational educational establishment.
There are 3 other Headteachers employed, each running the other respective departments. Supportive cooperation exists within the team.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Continue with the implementation of sound policies already established, review and assess ways in which they can be further improved / developed in the interests of the school.
- Give active and positive support and encouragement to his / her colleagues in all areas – professional and personal
- Promote a culture of high standard of behaviour and resilience
- Promote the sound mental health and well being of both staff and students.
- Be overall responsible for the students’ academic and social progress to ensure that each student achieves and maximizes his / her potential ability in the diverse areas of education, ensuring that all data on students is used to improve Teaching and Learning.
- Maintain and further develop the good relationship with parents (through sound and effective communications) as appropriate.
- To maintain and further develop harmonious relationships with the various external agencies for example Ministry Officials, inspectors, etc., in order to cultivate a spirit of mutual understanding,
- To implement and enforce rules related to:
Student behaviour, Teacher conduct as well as all other Admin/ESA staff members employed in the Senior High School Department
- Appropriate degree from a reputable university in UK
- At least 10 years successful teaching and leadership experience in the Secondary age range.
- Leadership experience in a Secondary School SLT position
- Experience of working with and involving school Governors/Board of Directors
Knowledge and Understanding
- Confident use of a range of ICT skills preferably including Google
- Understanding of the principles of Assessment for Learning
- Knowledge and understanding of data analysis and the ability to use data to set targets for improvement
Applications deadline: January 30, 2021
Kuwait English School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity and gender.