22.5 hours per week, term time only plus 3 days, permanent post
TPLTSS 4 £10,544.37 - £11,413.44 (actual salary) pro rata per annum
The Priory Learning Trust is looking to recruit a Science Technician to work at The King Alfred School – An Academy in Highbridge.
This is a very exciting opportunity for an individual who would relish the chance to join us.
What you will do:
• Work under the direction of class teacher(s), discuss timetables, equipment requirements and work plans and ensure that all required classroom, laboratory and workshop science resources and materials are available and ready for use when needed.
• This responsibility includes the cleaning, preparation and assembly of technical materials, apparatus and equipment, their safe storage, and the disposal of used or waste products in accordance with school policies and procedures and, where appropriate, statutory regulations.
• Assist with the preparation and organisation of displays of learning material or pupil’s work under the direction of the classroom teacher(s). Also, use technical knowledge and skills to contribute to mounting of displays and exhibitions within the school, generally.
The successful candidates will have:
• You will ideally have a City and Guilds or equivalent vocational qualification to Level 3.
• Strong practical and organisational skills.
• Good communication and teamwork skills.
About The Priory Learning Trust:
TPLT grew from an intent to bring the power of partnership and sharing to bear and provide a first-class education to a wide range of children, from all backgrounds.
At our heart is a passion to put ‘Students First’ and deliver exceptional education; beyond outstanding for every single child. We do this with a relentless drive for academic excellence, shared moral purpose and values combined with lots of fun and happiness. We believe that happy schools are also high-achieving, successful schools.
We strive for partnerships between students, families, staff and the wider community to create exceptional student outcomes. We also ‘cherish’ our staff. We believe they are amazing and are passionate to empower them through support, training, and career opportunities. With such brilliant people all aiming for the same goals, we are able to ensure every student achieves all that they are capable of and more, regardless of their background.
TPLT is also a successful Training School Alliance. This has been a great foundation on which to build for excellence. We know that this key focus on staff development will deliver exciting and effective learning to our children and.young people.
For further information on the benefits of working with The Priory Learning Trust, please see the relevant page on our Careers Hub.
Early applications are encouraged as we reserve the right to close the vacancy early.
The Priory Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All paid positions which involve working regularly within academies are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. You must declare all convictions (including convictions with Absolute Discharge), cautions or bind-overs you may have, even if they would otherwise be regarded as ‘Spent’ under this Act and where applicable any disqualifications under the Childcare Act.
The amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975 (2013) provide that certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’ and are not subject to disclosure to employers, and cannot be taken into account. Guidance and criteria on the filtering of these cautions and convictions can be found on the Disclosure and Barring Service filtering guide.
This role involves working with children on a daily basis and is therefore in regulated activity.
Offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and Disclosure and Barring Service clearance
Closing date: 11 November 2021
Proposed Interview dates: Week commencing 15 November 2021