LEAD SAFEGUARDING OFFICER
Come and join the team at Upton Cross Primary School
Required for January 2021 or as soon as possible
NOR: 856 + 90 p/t Nursery
Grade: Up to PO4 - Term time only
‘A good school where pupils feel safe and well looked after. Pupils apply the Upton Cross motto, ‘Education with
Upton Cross Primary School is a highly successful school committed to raising standards of achievement. As part of the school’s continued expansion to five forms of entry across two sites, we are keen to appoint a Lead Safeguarding Officer to work alongside us, to contribute to the school’s current successes as well as playing a central part in the next stage of our journey both as a school and as part of the Learning in Harmony Multi Academy Trust.
‘Teachers are passionate about their work, knowledgeable and highly committed to raising pupils’ aspirations and achievement’
We already have:
- Children who are happy, motivated and enthusiastic about their learning meaning they leave us both academically and socially prepared for secondary school and beyond
- A creative, focused, and dynamic staff team
- A reflective and creative approach to teaching and learning
- A happy and supportive environment that promotes collaboration amongst children, staff, parents, and governors
- A dedication to continually prioritising professional development and well being
- Recognition as a National Support School
- A strong and growing partnership as part of the Learning in Harmony Multi Academy Trust
- A successful partnership with a local Teaching School Alliance
We are looking for:
- A leader who shares our values and aspirations and who can add expertise, experience and fresh ideas to our strong team of leaders
- A leader to provide direct support for children, families and staff to take on delegated responsibility as the Designated Safeguarding Lead
- A leader to provide appropriate advice and support to school staff to enable them to best support children and families who are experiencing personal difficulties
- Enthusiasm for working in an organisation with high expectations
- A commitment to working in partnership with others
- An understanding of the needs of a diverse community
Closing date: 6th December 2020
Shortlisting: 7th December 2020
Interviews: 8th and 9th December 2020
A package of employee benefits, including discounted cinema tickets, groceries and high street shopping through Perkbox as well as medical support such as counselling and physiotherapy through SAS.
The Learning in Harmony Trust and Upton Cross Primary School are totally committed to the safeguarding of all its pupils and current employees. References will be obtained before the interview and the successful applicant will be DBS checked.
Upton Cross Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.