Do you love working with children? Are you committed to building a nurturing and safe learning environment? If so, we would love to meet you!
We are looking to recruit a passionate and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to support the general running of the classroom and the work of the teacher, focusing on pupil learning. This is your chance to work in a highly supportive and inclusive school where every child is valued as a unique individual. We believe all children have the right to enjoy and achieve to the best of their ability in a safe, happy and secure environment.
Hours of work: Term time only – 39 weeks a year - 27.5 hours per week
Salary range: £19,868 - £20,839 FTE (£13,170 - £13,813 pro rata) - £10.58 - £11.10 per hour
A typical day in the life of a teaching assistant:
- Assisting the teacher in routine classroom tasks.
- Preparing learning materials and setting up equipment.
- Assisting individual children or groups of children.
- Contributing, where appropriate, to any discussion of pupils needs and progress.
- Making sure the learning environment is safe.
- Support pupil activities and behaviour.
- Participate in any relevant staff development activities.
- Assist in meeting the children’s needs for encouragement and reassurance.
- Liaising with parents.
The successful candidate will have:
- A calm, friendly manner and the ability to build rapport with pupils.
- Great verbal communication skills to enable effective communication with the children and teachers.
- Flexibility to adapt to constantly changing priorities.
- Ability to work well within a team.
We can offer you:
- Generous pension scheme (Local Government Pension Scheme)
- With experience you could progress to a more senior teaching assistant role in the school or the trust (where a vacancy exists).
- Family friendly employer – Term time working.
- Employee benefits scheme including high street discounts and cycle to work scheme.
- Employee assistance programme.
- Free car parking.
Closing date for applications is 27th March 2023.
Applications will be considered as they are received, we reserve the right to make an appointment prior to the closing date, please apply early.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and the successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure via a DBS check.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Diversity & Inclusion Statement.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of Learning Partners Academy Trust. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workforce and particularly welcome suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to join our trust.