Learning Support Assistant
Grade: Grade 5, Points 7 to 8
Salary range: £12,348 - £12,597
Start date: As soon as possible
Hours: 8:45am-3:05pm Monday to Friday term time only plus 1 extra week to include teacher days (40 min unpaid lunch)
Perm/Temp: This is a temporary appointment until July 12th 2023 (in the first instance)
Do you want a job that is fulfilling? Is this the new year for a new start? Do you love and value supporting young people? Do you believe in the opportunity for every child to achieve their very best? Are you patient, tenacious, optimistic and compassionate? Then Ashby School could be the place for you!
As we return to more normal schooling following the Covid pandemic, we know that our students, and particularly those with SEND, need support to re-establish their learning habits and develop their confidence and resilience. Therefore, we are looking to expand our excellent team of Learning Support Assistants by recruiting relentlessly positive individuals with the skill set to make a difference to those students with additional challenge. A Teaching Assistant post (Grade 6) may also be available for candidates with appropriate and proven experience.
Examples of Main Duties
- To prepare resources under the direction of the Team Leader or class teacher.
- To work with and build a positive relationship with students. Working with students on a 1-1 basis and in small groups, under the supervision of the class teacher.
- Be organised and prepared for lessons. To follow the directions of the class teacher/instructor in lessons.
- To contribute to the administrative procedures in the Learning Support Department under the direction of the SENDCo and/or SEND Support Co-ordinator.
- To have knowledge of SEND Code of Practice and Academy policy.
- To implement Academy Policies and procedures in relation to: Health and Safety, Equal Opportunities, Behaviour etc.
- To contribute to reports on student progress and behaviour.
- To support students under exam conditions.
- To oversee our lunchtime clubs.
We believe that Ashby is a great place for students to take their next educational steps, be it as they join our Year 10 or as we expand and welcome our first Year 7s in August 2022. We also believe it is an equally great place to start or take your next steps in employment. So if you think this could be just what you have been looking for, we look forward to welcoming your application!
Closing date: 9am Thursday 20th January 2022
We are very open to conversations around flexible working arrangements including part days and part weeks. If this interests you, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Ashby School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful applicant is subject to an enhanced DBS check.