We are seeking a Modern Foreign Languages teacher to join an already successful team of practitioners. We are looking for a passionate languages teacher who can bring global cultures to life, stimulate learners to step outside of their comfort zone, and maintain high levels of learning within a positive and fun language-learning environment. This is a maternity cover position, starting from 17th April 2023 for up to one year.
WHY CHOOSE US:
Martin High School is a Good-rated school based in Leicester. We are passionate about language learning and integrating global cultures into our everyday learning across all subjects. All of our students learn French from year 7 and a majority go on to study it at Key stage 4. We facilitate several international trips annually and encourage experiential learning. You will be supported by the Head of MFL and a team of teaching assistants.
- A forward-thinking approach to language learning and an integrated curriculum
- A strong commitment to your professional development and career management
- Courteous and hardworking pupils
- Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students
- Planning, resourcing and delivering engaging languages lessons to all of key stage 3 and 4
- Working with the Head of MFL to integrate languages into the curriculum at every opportunity possible
- Create immersive learning experiences
- Create opportunity for all students to achieve in languages, irrespective of ability
YOU WILL BE:
- QTS (Qualified Teacher Status)
- A Good Honours Degree
- Well qualified and enthusiastic
- Able to teach Modern Foreign Languages across all key stages
- Passionate about Modern Foreign Languages and committed to improving teaching and learning
- Forward thinking, creative, receptive to change and able to work with the team
- A detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery
- The ability to work towards deadlines
Find out more about this exciting opportunity by visiting our career page and school website.
The Martin High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.