• Are you passionate about teaching mathematics?
• Do you want to inspire the next generation of mathematicians?
• Have you got the drive and determination to contribute to a dedicated and supportive mathematics Faculty?
• Can you make a difference to the learning of young people at our excellent college?
• Do you want to develop your professional career by leading on cutting edge research so that you can be the best possible mathematics teacher?
If you have answered yes to the above, we are the college for you.
We would be delighted to offer you the opportunity to apply to be a talented and inspirational Teacher of mathematics and join our outstanding team from 25 August 2023.
Beauchamp College in Oadby, Leicestershire is the founding school within the successful and growing Lionheart Educational Trust, it is a culturally diverse and inclusive 11-19 secondary school and is a fantastic place to work.
At Beauchamp College we believe that education has the power to create new and exciting life chances for young people and we are passionate about seeing them being able to thrive academically, socially and emotionally regardless of their background. Beauchamp College aims to play a part in preparing young people to be confident, resilient, mature, aspirational and active young people with a passion for learning.
We are proud of our successes and the opportunities we provide for our young people and our exciting curriculum offers an extensive range of subjects, where learning does not just happen in the classroom.
Mathematics is extremely popular at Beauchamp College with over four hundred students choosing to study Mathematics at Key Stage 5. We are proud of our established track record and this is accomplished through a collegiate approach, a desire for self-improvement, a good sense of humour and a positive attitude towards change. One student has summed up the voice of many by saying, ‘the Mathematics teachers are absolutely brilliant. They challenge us with their clever questioning and they just love Maths!’ If you want to see this in action, please do not hesitate to contact us so we can arrange a mutually agreeable time.
Our Beauchamp College Mathematics Faculty is a committed and passionate team that is steeped in experience. We have over twenty teachers, a HLTA and the support and guidance of the Trust Director of Mathematics. We also have our own dedicated classrooms and staffroom in the heart of the college. Staff teach across the whole range of courses and attainment levels. At Key Stage 3 our curriculum embeds the principles of teaching for depth in Mathematics. At Key Stage 4 we offer Functional Maths Level 1 and 2, GCSE Mathematics, Level 2 Certificate in Further Mathematics and GCSE Statistics and, at Key Stage 5, Core Maths, A level and Further Mathematics.
Beauchamp is excited to be leading one of the thirty-four national Maths Hubs across England. This is a fantastic initiative to promote maths school-to-school support and leadership in the East Midlands region and our staff have access to all the new and initiative ways to teach Mathematics because of this. We pride ourselves in ensuring all our students develop academically as well as holistically and you have the fantastic opportunity to join our vibrant and passionate college, so we look forward to receiving your application.
As an employee in the Lionheart Trust you can avail from a range of employee benefits including:
• The option to join Benenden Health Care
• Salary sacrifice schemes for the cycle to work scheme and electrical equipment purchases
• Golden Time - paid time off so you don’t have to miss out on special occasions
• Free use of Lionheart Fitness; a state-of-the-art fitness suite with Freemotion iFIT equipment
• Comprehensive CPD including external talks, part or fully-funded studies and access to the apprenticeship levy
• Opportunities for career development across the Trust
• Education and support staff discounts
• Free parking across most of our sites
The Trust strives to be a diverse and inclusive place where all staff have a seat at the table: a seat to be free, a seat to inspire, a seat to challenge and a seat to succeed.
We currently have staff networks for staff who are Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME), Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, Queer + (LGBTQ+), staff who would describe their background as working class and staff with a disability.
This post is eligible for a DBS check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (i.e. it involves certain activities in relation to children and/or adults) and is defined as regulated activity under Part 1 of the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006.
This post is designated as a regulated activity and requires enhanced criminal records check for a regulated activity (including a barred list check)