Are you an exceptional CIPD qualified HR professional looking to join a highly experienced People team in a large Academy Trust?
Our Banbury and Didcot cluster of primary schools are seeking to recruit a People Partner that will have the accountability for providing advice, coaching and support to school leaders, and line managing a People Administrator who is based within the schools. In addition, you will oversee a variety of casework, disciplinary, capability, grievance, restructuring and other HR related matters. You will also be involved in development project work and the delivery of training.
As part of the people team you will have the opportunity:
- to work as part of a respected People function closely aligned to school improvement
- to further develop your People skills and expertise
- to experience a uniquely varied role allowing you to work with a number of different schools
- to contribute to the success of an innovative, forward thinking family of schools
- to shape and develop the People Administrators within your region to support the delivery of a dynamic and aspirational People Strategy.
As a member of our People Team you will be able to choose where you work, where the demands of the role allow. For some, you may wish to continue working from home, whilst others may be keen to return to an office based role or to split your time between the two
Consisting of six primary schools, the Didcot/Banbury cluster has a collaborative approach towards working; this means the schools can work closely together to provide an outstanding educational experience to the local communities.
GLF Schools is a dynamic, forward thinking and innovative Academy Trust with many career opportunities for new and existing staff. Each school in our Trust has its own individual identity, while benefiting from the expertise that comes from dedicated and experienced regional and Trust teams. Our schools serve to meet the needs of their own local community, yet all are united in their core purpose of providing an outstanding educational experience.
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish. Some of our benefits include:
- Continuous Professional Development
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Flexible Working
- Staff Wellbeing
- Career Pathways and Talent Management
- Valued worker scheme
All associate staff at GLF Schools are enrolled in the Local Government Pension Scheme, a defined benefit pension scheme.
As part of GLF, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression opportunities and outstanding CPD for all staff, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 41 academies or in our central team.
What we are looking for
We are looking for someone:
- Who has a minimum of level 5 CIPD qualified with significant generalist HR experience
- That can provide excellent HR knowledge and support to all aspects of the Trust’s operations, bringing challenge to decision making where appropriate
- Who demonstrates unquestionable integrity and discretion to ensure that the Trust’s HR processes are managed to the highest standard
- That is proactive in keeping professional HR knowledge up to date and have a commitment to personal and professional development
- Who is a confident communicator, able to present our people strategy to our Headteachers and other key stakeholders
- Who can be flexible, have a calm approach and a ‘can-do’ attitude, and is comfortable working at pace with multiple priorities
- Who always interacts positively with colleagues, be solutions focused and seek to understand the needs of each of our school
Salary: £40,000 - £46,352 FTE per annum
Pro-Rata Salary - £18,088 - £20,960
Hours of work: 18 hours per week across 4 days over 41 weeks of the year (term time plus an additional 2 weeks). We are open to a variety of working patterns.
Start Date: As soon as available
Closing date for applications: 21st February 2022
Interview Date: Week commencing Monday 7th February 2022
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place