School Office Assistant required for an immediate start.
Darley Dene Primary School is looking for a professional, motivated individual to join the administration team in our busy school office. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone wishing to be part of a friendly, dedicated, fast paced team where you can make a real difference to our children.
We are a single form entry, friendly, community primary school in Addlestone, Surrey, where the needs of our children come first. We work collaboratively with other local schools in different ways and are constantly on the look-out for opportunities to enhance our provision.
- Working with the school administration team to deliver services to the school community
- Maintaining a positive and thriving school environment for our learners
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Term-time hours (40 hours per week - 39 weeks per year) - hours are flexible for the right candidate
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment.
- Good opportunities for personal and career development.
- Pension Scheme.
- Free parking onsite.
We are looking to appoint a new office team member, this person will have:
- Excellent IT skills
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to remain calm and switch priorities often
- Be a proactive, driven and enthusiastic team player, with a solutions-focused approach to problem solving
- Be willing to undertake a broad range of administration activities
- Preferably experienced in working in a school environment
- Educated to GCSE level C or above in Maths and English
Salary: £20,722 - £22,716 FTE £19,808 - £21,714 actual (dependent on experience)
Closing date for applications: February 10th 2023
Interviews: ASAP. Suitable applicants will be contacted to arrange a convenient time and may happen earlier than the closing date by mutual agreement, so early applications are encouraged. We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role.
How to apply: Please complete the application form found on Eteach; we do not accept CVs.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (ROA) 1974. If you are appointed you will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check. You are required to declare any cautions, convictions, reprimands or final warnings which are not protected (i.e. that are not filtered out*), as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended). You are also required to disclose any pending criminal proceedings against you or current police investigations, including those relating to other employment or matters outside work. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from taking up appointment; it will depend on the nature of the offence(s) and their relevance to the post you are applying for. However, should you not declare any of the above and this is subsequently revealed, for example through the DBS check, then this may place your employment in jeopardy. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence and with due regard to the ROA and data protection legislation.
Lumen Learning Trust is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. To achieve this, we will ensure continuous improvement and development of robust Safeguarding processes and procedures that promote a culture of Safeguarding amongst our staff and volunteers. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references, it is an offence to apply for this role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children. Please note that under safer recruitment practices Lumen Learning Trust cannot accept CVs or letters in place of completed application forms.
We welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.