Post: Site Manager
Location: Magna Academy Poole
Contract: Permanent Position
Hours: Full time, shifts to be determined
Salary: £24,982 - £27,741 depending on experience
Start date: as soon as possible
First opened in September 2013, Magna Academy is a comprehensive secondary school situated in Poole, on the beautiful Dorset coast. At Magna, we have a vision that seeks to transform each individual student’s life through our culture of high aspirations, hard work, resilience, and compassion – empowering them to excel in an ever-changing world. We offer the opportunity for innovative and targeted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) opportunities that reflect the school’s and your individual needs.
At Magna Academy we have a team of dedicated people who are all working together to achieve our mission of preparing our students for success in the 21st century. Our academy is a vibrant and exciting place to work and was graded as outstanding in all areas by Ofsted in December 2018. We are proud that our outcomes and progress are very strong across the academy.
We are looking to recruit a hard-working, enthusiastic and reliable candidate to the role of Site Manager to be responsible for all aspects of site management including a wide range of duties and responsibilities connected with the fabric of the building and grounds of the Academy.
You will ensure the Academy’s state-of-the-art facilities and site are safe, secure and maintained to the high standard defined by the Trust.
A key aspect of this position is an understanding that teaching and learning needs and safety of students and staff are our priority. You will need a flexible, proactive approach and the ability to undertake a wide range of tasks including the management of complex facilities systems.
We are looking for a highly motivated, outstanding Site Manager to ensure the buildings and furnishings are safe, secure and maintained to standards defined by the Academy and Health and Safety legislations.
The site team covers the hours of 07:00 - 19:00 Monday to Friday, with occasional weekend overtime for private lettings and occasional late security mid-week to cover open evenings, parents evenings & academy events during term time.
The site team at Magna is well established & is made up of 2 site assistants & a site manager.
The current site manager has achieved internal promotion at regional level so is remaining with the Trust & will be available to support a handover & provide training.
The shifts are flexible but primarily Monday to Thursday 07:00 - 15:00, 08:00 - 16:00, 09:00 - 17:00 & 11:00 - 19:00, with a half hour earlier finish on Fridays.
The early shift includes unlocking the site, the late shift includes lock up.
- To plan, organise and inspect all works relating to the general site management ensuring that the Academy’s accommodation is fit for purpose and available as required
- Be responsible for the overall security of the site
- Manage and carry out caretaking, repair and maintenance
- Prepare tender specifications for projects and be responsible for all contractors on site
- Consult and liaise with service companies and contractors
- Line manage the Site Assistants
- Be the nominated health & safety expert for the site
- Respond to emergencies such as floods, illegal entries and fire
What we offer:
- Bespoke support and line management from an experienced Regional Facilities Manager.
- Flexible working conditions
- Relocation package
- Professional progression opportunities
- Great students who conduct themselves impeccably
- Strong systems and structures meaning students feel safe and secure
- CPD starts as soon as you are appointed and is ongoing
- State of the art facilities and a very pleasant location in beautiful Dorset
Magna Academy Poole offers an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, talented individual looking to develop their career. We would be delighted to show you around our academy in order to fully appreciate our excellent learning environment.
Please contact Zoe Challis to arrange a visit or an informal, confidential discussion about the role.
How to Apply:
Please click on the “fast apply” button to submit an on-line application.
Closing date: midday Monday 31st January 2022
Interviews: Friday 4th February 2022
Learn more about Magna Academy by visiting the website.
Magna Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check before taking up the post.
Magna Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.