How to Find Us
Sorry, we are currently not recruiting for any vacancies
We would love you to join our Talent Pool so we can contact you when the right vacancy arises.
Our main school caters for pupils between the ages of four and eleven while our nursery provides places, either morning or afternoon, for children over the age of three. Across the school we have eight year groups with two classes in each year group.
The Reception Classes accommodate children between the ages of four and five years old and there is a Key Stage 1 Department for children aged between five and seven years. Our Key Stage 2 children remain at Mayflower until they are eleven years old, when the majority will transfer to Judgemeadow Community College and Crown Hills Community College at the end of year six.
Mayflower is a Primary School situated in the district of Evington near the edge of the City of Leicester. It caters for pupils between the ages of three and eleven. The Foundation Classes accommodate children between the ages of three and five years old. There is a Key Stage 1 Department for children aged between five and seven years. KS2 children remain at Mayflower until they are eleven years old.
We all believe that the staff, the parent and the Governors should work together to make children’s learning experience happy, successful and exciting. We have a Home School Liaison Officer who is concerned specifically with developing relationships between home and school. However, any member of staff will be pleased to help you if the need arises. The school is fortunate to have extremely supportive parents, a hard working governing body and a team of highly dedicated and professional staff. We are looking for someone who can add to the skills already present whilst relishing the challenge of working within a multi-cultural school environment.
Mayflower School is dedicated to helping pupils mature into adults who make the most of learning and apply their experience positively throughout life.
- Achievement for all
- Excellence for everyone
- Self esteem
Our mission is to:
- Provide a structured, disciplined framework, celebrating success; meeting challenges and encouraging pupils to explore opportunities creatively.
- Deliver innovative, creative and challenging teaching.
- Continually improve standards of teaching and learning, focusing on literacy, numeracy and scientific investigation and developing pupils' ability to effectively use ICT.
- Offer a broad, balanced curriculum providing equal opportunity, allowing individuals to develop progressively, yet at their own rate.
- Supply educational opportunities, fostering responsible behaviour, allowing pupils to grow into adulthood making valuable contributions to our diverse, multicultural world.
- Involve stakeholders in school daily life, achieving common goals through partnership.
- Create opportunities for staff and stakeholders to develop knowledge and understanding, meeting both school and their individual needs
How to Find Us