Are you an inspiring Maths Teacher looking for a position in a growing secondary school?
We are looking for a dynamic and highly-skilled teacher to join the Maths faculty at Merstham Park School.
We are seeking to appoint a skilled and proficient Maths Teacher, to deliver high quality lessons at KS3 and KS4, increasing year on year as the school grows. As a Maths teacher at Merstham Park School, you will have plenty of CPD opportunities for professional development and growth. Working as part of the GLF Trust comprising of 41 schools, we can support you with career pathways for progression.
We are interested in hearing from all candidates, no matter what point in your career you are currently at, if you:
Are flexible, dedicated and passionate about delivering exceptional learning experiences and ensuring all students achieve the best possible outcomes.
Have a desire to educate the whole person using a values based approach.
Have excellent interpersonal skills and share the school’s vision and ethos.
We would also welcome discussing flexible working arrangements and applications from ECT candidates.
About Merstham School:
At Merstham Park, our ethos is simple - igniting a passion for learning. We are proud to be a values driven school which encourages its staff and students to embrace these values in all that they do. This approach provides everyone with the opportunity to exceed beyond their potential.
As a growing school we are excited for the opening of our brand-new state of the art facilities that will benefit both our staff and the community. Our new build will be tailored to enable our staff and students to develop unique skill sets in a truly first-class educational setting through the creation of inviting and interactive learning environments.
As the school grows the career progression for our staff is endless. We will be looking to enhance the opportunities for staff to grow in their roles and take on additional responsibilities/lead on key subjects.
Our team of passionate staff are committed to providing children with the very best educational experience. We recognise the importance of academic success whilst embracing our wider role in preparing students for their adult life beyond the formal examined curriculum.
To review the Job Description and Personal Specification for this role please download the attached Recruitment Pack.
Why work at Merstham Park School:
The welfare of our staff is of the utmost importance. The list below details some examples of how we support the wellbeing of all of our colleagues. To see our full offer, please refer to the attached recruitment pack.
• Each member of staff will have their own classroom in our new building
• Good student behaviour with supportive behaviour systems
• High quality mentoring
• Comprehensive CPD: we invest in your professional learning
• Senior and Middle Leader programmes to develop teachers into future school leaders
• Regular career development opportunities, both pastorally and academically, in a growing forward-thinking school
• An appraisal system focused on professional learning and developing high quality teaching; all within an embedded culture of collaboration and sharing best practice
• No written reports; we want you planning great lessons not doing paperwork
• A comprehensive development programme for trainee teachers and NQTs
• Career development meetings with the Head regularly offered
• A culture of coaching - staff collaborate, support and develop one another
• A school that values everyone and firmly believes that a culture of positive relationships should be the bedrock of an organisation; we want you to love teaching and our students to love learning
What we are looking for
• An excellent classroom practitioner.
• Be enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team.
• Be passionate about the students’ learning and welfare.
• Be keen to be part of the wider school community, participating in extra-curricular clubs.
Start date: 1 September 2022
Contract type: Permanent, full time
Pay Scale: MPS/UPS
Closing date for advert: Thursday 3 February 2022 12 p.m.
Interview Date: Friday 11 February 2022
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place