Are you in search of a new opportunity to lead Humanities in a growing secondary school?
We are looking for a talented and motivated Head of Humanities, who is able to inspire our students to develop a love of learning for these core subjects.
The Humanities team is committed to creating a supportive environment where professional development, learning from each other and sharing good practice is at the heart of the department.
We value the opportunities that extra-curricular can provide. As a result, we have a broad programme, and all members of the Department are actively involved in providing extra-curricular opportunities either at lunchtime or after school.
About Merstham Park School
At Merstham Park, our ethos is simple - igniting a passion for learning. We are proud to be a values driven school which encourages its staff and students to embrace these values in all that they do. This approach provides everyone with the opportunity to exceed their potential. Our team of passionate staff are committed to providing children with the very best educational experience
As a growing school we are excited and proud of our state of the art facilities which we opened in September 2022. Our brand new home is tailored to enable our staff and students to develop unique skill sets in a truly first-class educational setting through the creation of inviting and interactive learning environments.
As the school grows the career progression for our staff is endless. We will be looking to enhance the opportunities for everyone to grow in their roles, whether that is through individual CPD or through additional responsibilities.
What we are looking for:
- An excellent classroom practitioner.
- An effective leader with high standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be actively involved in providing extra-curricular opportunities.
- Be enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team.
Join the GLF Schools Community
As a part of GLF Schools, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression discussions, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 42 academies or in our central team.
- Celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 17,000 pupils
- Founded upon the values of Respect, Inclusivity, Integrity and Kindness
- 42 primary and secondary schools across 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England
- We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity
- Committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education
GLF Schools Employment Offer
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish
- Access to our highly competitive Teachers Pension Scheme
- Flexible working options
- Generous holiday allowance
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Career pathways and talent management
- Access to a staff benefits portal
- Community and collaboration working model
Please read the attached Join Our Community candidate pack for further information.
Start Date: 1st September 2023
Contract Type: Full Time, Permanent
Pay Scale: GLF MPS/UPS + TLR 2:1 (£7,368)
Closing Date: Monday 15th May 2023 at 9am
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place