Food Technician - Permanent
Hours of work: Part Time 24 hours a week, Term Time - Monday - Thursdays 8.30am - 3.00pm
Salary Details FTE: LG Band 3, points 5-6 - £19,650 - £20,043 (Pro Rata)
Actual Salary: £10, 667 - £11,125 based on experience
We are seeking to appoint an organised Food Technician to work part time in our busy Design Department.
We are looking for someone who
- Has a positive ‘can do ‘attitude to provide support and assistance to the teaching staff within the department.
- An efficient and enthusiastic individual with excellent communication skills
- An energetic practitioner
- A person who is calm, caring, approachable, but firm
- A dedicated professional
- A hard-working individual
- To set up equipment for practical lessons and demonstrations
- To prepare food for practical lessons and demonstrations
- To work with students on a one-to-one and small group basis when requested to do so by Departmental staff
- To undertake cleaning of store cupboards, hobs, ovens, fridges and freezers in the food area
- To monitor stock and equipment by ensuring effective stock rotation, avoiding food waste/shortage
We can offer:
- State-of-the-art resources to support your teaching including a MacBook.
- Excellent CPD
- Pension scheme
- Sick pay scheme
- Maternity scheme
- Free and confidential advice, information and counselling service
- Free onsite parking
- Close proximity to train and bus services
- An onsite gym
- Hire purchase Cycle to Work scheme
- Dining facility
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, such as an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check. Applicants who will be undertaking early and/or later years childcare (or the management of such childcare) will be required to complete a declaration that neither they, nor anyone who lives in the same household, is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009.