Teacher of RE (QTS) - Maternity cover
Hours of work: Full time
Salary Details: MPS/UPS
We are looking to appoint a dynamic and enthusiastic RE teacher to cover a maternity leave from April this year.
The department is staffed by experienced and talented teachers who are passionate about their subject and are well resourced to enhance students education.
Our students enjoy RE, at KS 3 students have 1 lesson a week and at KS 4 all students take RE GCSE. The RE GCSE results are excellent, in 2022 83% of students achieved grade 4 and above at GCSE.
The tasks associated with this role are listed in the current School Teachers Pay and Conditions Document as well as:
- To become familiar with the National Curriculum Programmes of Study for RE at Key stages 3 and 4.
- To plan lessons in line with the RE Department's teaching schemes.
- To prepare differentiated resources to meet the learning needs of individual students.
- To teach RE to Years 7 to 11 and assess/record student progress in line with the departments’ assessment, recording and reporting policy.
- To be responsible for a tutor group and facilitate student development through a tutorial programme and records of achievement.
- To participate in appropriate meetings with colleagues and parents related to the above duties.
- To contribute to the wider school
We can offer:
- State-of-the-art resources to support your teaching including a MacBook.
- Excellent CPD
- Pension scheme
- Sick pay scheme
- Maternity scheme
- Free and confidential advice, information and counselling service
- Free onsite parking
- Close proximity to train and bus services
- An onsite gym
- Hire purchase Cycle to Work scheme
- Dining facility
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, such as an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check. Applicants who will be undertaking early and/or later years childcare (or the management of such childcare) will be required to complete a declaration that neither they, nor anyone who lives in the same household, is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009.