Salary: TSAT Grade E £26,281 - £29,578 ( £23,258 - £ 26,176 for hours and weeks stated)
Hours of work: 37 hours per week, 41 weeks per year
Location: Chatham, Kent
We have an exciting opportunity for an Office Manager to join New Horizons Children’s Academy in Chatham. The role provides administrative and organisation support to the Headteacher and the School.
The school office manager is responsible for overseeing the daily administration of the school office including line managing administrative staff. They are also responsible for all administrative, financial and organisational processes within the school, maintaining confidentiality at all times
What you will need to succeed:
- This is a busy office and you will need to have the ability to cope with conflicting demands, deadlines and interruptions.
- You will be able to work to tight deadlines in a methodical manner observing confidentiality at all times.
- Excellent administration skills, with a high level of efficiency, accuracy and confidentiality
- Ability to be flexible
- Knowledge and experience of using SIMs to ensure that all information is accurate and up to date
- Experience of supervising staff and delegating duties
- An ability to work with minimal supervision and direction as well as multi task and use initiative
- Previous experience of working in a school or other education environment is essential
We can offer you:
- A fun, hardworking and welcoming team who enjoy supporting each other
- Vast support network from senior leaders within the school and our trust
- Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- Membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounted membership of a full-equipped gymnasium and fitness suite on site
The New Horizons Children’s Academy is a modern three-form entry school that opened in September 2014 and teaches over 600 children from the local community.
As part of The Thinking Schools Academy Trust, we benefit from working cohesively as a family of schools for the benefit of our children, and for the adults who work here too. The Trust supports with planning, trips, events, CPD and much more to ensure that all of our teachers are fully supported, enabling them to ensure that they can deliver the best learning that we can offer.
Our mission is to “transform life chances”; at The Thinking Schools Academy Trust, we believe education has the power to change lives and children only have one chance to get this right. To ensure all our academies focus on our mission school leaders translated our mission to core values that would be demonstrated and evident in all our Academies:
Child First, Aspire, Challenge, Achieve
What you need to do now:
We want to employ candidates who will be great team members, are keen to seek CPD, and will be happy to grasp exciting opportunities to contribute to the values, ethos and the development of our school. If you are interested in working for the Trust and the above information sounds like you then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
New Horizons is committed to safe recruitment procedures. Appointment to a post at the school is subject to:
An enhanced DBS and Barred List check
Accurate disclosure of information on application form
Satisfactory medical report, if applicable
References that are satisfactory to the school