Due to the relocation of our skilled SENCO, we are seeking to appoint a dynamic and inspirational SENCO to lead our inclusion team. This is a permanent role and an exciting opportunity to play a key role in the leadership of our school and the wider Learning in Harmony Trust.
We wish to recruit someone with a sound knowledge of the different challenges and barriers many children face, who is unshakeable in their desire to achieve the best possible outcomes for our pupils. The successful candidate will be leading on SEND throughout the school including supporting a newly established specialist provision class, and line-managing that class teacher.
Our ideal candidate would have:
- A passion for SEND and a clear strategic vision for what they want to achieve
- Experience working throughout a primary school, with a wide range of examples of successful SEND practice.
- Qualified teacher status/SENCo qualification or be registered and working towards this.
- Up to date knowledge of the SEN Framework & Code of Practice.
- Experience of working with the LA and outside agencies to support children and families.
- A collaborative approach to working, and one who is able to bring their team with them.
- Great communication skills, and able to work successfully with the leadership team, staff, pupils, families and outside agencies.
The children of New North have told us they would like someone who:
- Believes in them;
- Is happy, kind, helpful, trustworthy and fair;
- Hears their voice and understands where they’re coming from;
Our school is a vibrant 1.5 form entry primary, housed in an attractive, modern building which serves a diverse and supportive community. A conversation with our Head Teacher prior to your application is warmly encouraged and can be easily arranged if you would like to find out more about the role available or to learn more about our school – please contact the Head Teacher, Kath Sewell, to arrange this.
We expect all staff to share the school’s commitment to the protection and safety of children and young people. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. Our recruitment pack and application form for this post are available to download here or on our website, or by contacting the school via email or phone.
Closing Date: Friday 23rd April 2021
Shortlisting Date: Tuesday 27th April 2021
Interview Date: Friday 7th May 2021
The New North Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.