Teacher of PE
Full time, permanent post - MPS/UPS
Required: April 2024 (sooner if possible)
Our school is highly successful and oversubscribed, with EBacc entries well above the national average, and successful results for students, whether they are disadvantaged, SEND or Gifted and Talented. We value the development of the whole child, and encourage students to take part in a wide range of co-curricular activities. Outdoor education is very popular with our students, and we usually have a large proportion of Y10 participating in the Bronze DofE award, with many progressing to the higher awards. We also run a range of trips each year, both abroad and in the UK, culminating in a popular 'activities week' at the end of the year.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and outstanding teacher of PE to join our talented and hard-working PE department. We currently offer extra-curricular opportunities in Football, Rugby, Netball, Hockey, Basketball, Athletics, Cross Country, Badminton, Tennis, Rounders, Cricket and Golf, with competitive teams being entered in all of the major Bath & North East Somerset competitions, including some at County and National level. The PE department also organises trips to watch Team Bath Netball at Bath University, and International Rugby and Football events, along with Sports Tours both in the UK and abroad.
- Be committed to exceptional standards of teaching and learning
- Be able to motivate, challenge and inspire students to achieve their best
- Be able to establish and develop outstanding relationships with students and staff
- Help us maintain outstanding results in the PE department
- Contribute to our core vision and values
- The ability to teach Health and Social Care Btec at KS4 is desirable but not essential
We can offer you:
- A school with outstanding behaviour and safety for all
- Excellent facilities for teaching and learning including a modern Sixth Form block.
- Leading Edge professional development to support and improve your leadership skills, in preparation for further promotion
- An emphasis on core traditional values of good manners, high academic achievement, high standards of appearance from our children
- An emphasis on Duke of Edinburgh, Ten Tors and other outdoor education for all
At Norton Hill we pride ourselves on providing a secure, stable and well-ordered environment based on traditional values and genuine care and concern for individuals. We work with all pupils, whatever their ability, to help them achieve their potential.
The school serves Midsomer Norton, Radstock and the surrounding rural area where there is an abundance of attractive and affordable housing. The school is on the edge of the Mendips but close to both Bath and Wells.
Closing date: Tuesday 12th December 2023
Interviews: to be confirmed
Norton Hill School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.