School Site Manager
From £32,076 - Salary negotiable depending on experience
All Year Round / Hours of Work: Day shift pattern 37 hours per week
We are looking to recruit an experienced Site Manager to provide high level guidance and to lead our Facilities Department who, with support from the Hub Site Manager, School Senior Leadership and the site team, can ensure that the school is safe, compliant, well-maintained and well-presented to meet the needs of staff, students and visitors.
Some of the main duties and responsibilities are:
- Prepare work schedules for planned and reactive maintenance and ensure that work is carried out to the required standard and within set budgets (using Computerised Maintenance Management System).
- Be responsible for site security arrangements, organising out of hours call out rotas and emergency procedures in conjunction with Hub Site Manager and Operations Manager.
- Ensure the site is clean and tidy at all times.
- Carry out day-to-day supervision of a small team of in-house staff and management of external contractors involved in maintenance works.
- Project manage works contracts unless MAT led.
- Provide guidance to the site team to meet the needs of the health and safety and statutory compliance requirements.
- Support the recruitment and induction of additional/replacement staff as agreed with the School.
- Contribute to the performance management of site staff at the school.
- Provide support and advice for any emergencies at the school.
- Ensure that systems are in place to have contractors inducted and appropriately supervised.
- Review and have oversight of contractor performance and quality of work.
- Ensure safe systems of work and risk assessments are in place for site teams.
- Ensure maintenance of water hygiene records, fire safety records and electrical safety records for all the relevant site equipment.
- Carry out Trust’s Head of Estates instructions in relation to training, compliance and Health and Safety matters.
- Ensure all COSHH and Health and Safety regulations are observed and take part in the Health and Safety audit process.
- To obtain best value in the procurement of goods and services.
- To support day-to-day site operations including traffic management, deliveries, event planning and arrangements.
- With others, implement strategies to maximise energy efficiency
Please contact the school if you wish to discuss salary expectation further.
Closing Date: Monday 11th December
Interviews: to be confirmed
Norton Hill School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.