For more than 400 years, we have been committed to our educational philosophy of providing exemplary all-around education through happiness and success, and I am delighted to announce an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Teacher Of Sociology- Part Time, 75% FTE - 4 days a week, here at Notre Dame School.
Working within the Senior School, you will be a part of our forward-thinking humanities Department excelling in providing a diverse set of subjects such as Sociology. Sociology is well loved by the students and a popular subject. Our Teachers and Team Leaders thrive on teamwork and a commitment both to the subject and to the students in our care. The department is well-resourced and teaching the subject is very much an active and interactive experience.
Our ISI recent Inspection judged all areas of the school to be "excellent" and pupil behaviour described as "exemplary".
A successful candidate will have:
• A Good Science Honours Graduate
• Applications from experienced and newly qualified teachers welcome
• Good knowledge of Sociology
• Ability to teach at KS3, GCSE and A Level
• An excellent leader and classroom practitioner
• Excellent organisational and ICT skills
• Ability to teach and motivate students
• Ability to communicate passion and enthusiasm for their subject
• Communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing
• Passionate, conviction and a clear personal philosophy which supports the ethos of the School
• Ability to manage good professional relationships – with staff, students and parents
Our Outstanding Benefits
• Staff development programme
• Staff Well-being programme including a paid well-being afternoon each year
• Cashback scheme for medical appointments such as optical or dental
• Generous sickness income protection scheme
• Discount for Teachers' Reward Card
• Employee Assistance program– counselling, financial assistance etc.
• Staff discount on fees - School Fee Remission after One Year Service
• Free lunch during term time
• Free Tea & Coffee
• Free use of the school’s leisure and sporting facilities, including a heated indoor pool
• Commute by school coaches during term time - Subject to Availability
• Free parking
• School nurse during term time
• Generous levels of non-contact time
• Small class sizes
• Electrical Charging Points for Electric Cars.