Part Time - Thursday and Fridays (8:30am - 5:00pm Thursdays and Fridays 8:30am - 4:30pm)
Starting Salary £9,625 per annum / salary pro rata from £24,681 - Salary progression achievable after passed probation
Based at the St Albans Campus
We are looking for an experienced web content & marketing executive who would like to work in a busy, fun marketing team where no two days are the same!
You will help maintain the College websites and drive traffic for online student applications and brand awareness. The role encompasses all areas of the digital marketing mix from website management and CMS, to Google Analytics and reporting, SEO and PPC, to email marketing, and is happy to get stuck in with design ideas/concepts. The role is extremely varied, working with a wide range of curriculum areas in College from animal management, to art, business to brickwork and many more!
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to really excel in a vibrant environment and friendly, busy marketing team. All we ask is as well as previous web site experience (especially CMS) and digital marketing and you have “Can do” attitude and are ready to hit the ground running!
In return we can offer a lovely environment to work in with a fun, friendly team.
- Website and CMS Management (especially WordPress)
- Digital copy writing for the website
- Part responsible for all web analysis and reporting using Google Analytics
- Be proficient in design packages such as Photoshop and InDesign
- Part responsible for Search Engine Optimisation and working with our agency on PPC campaigns
- Manage email marketing campaigns and reporting
- Be supportive at marketing events such as Open days, Summer Fairs and interview evenings
To be considered for this role applicants need to demonstrate they hold the following;
- Evidence of working knowledge of web analytics monitoring- Google analytics, Google Tag Manager
- Basic knowledge of html / coding
- Experience of working in a marketing or similar department
- Evidence of applying and monitoring Search Engine Optimisation tools.
- Evidence of designing, delivering and monitoring email campaigns
- Evidence of working knowledge of PPC advertising.
- Relevant digital marketing qualification.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Evidence of using CMS (Sitefinity and wordpress preferrable) to manage website content and design
Please refer to the attached job description when submitting your application.
Closing Date: Sunday 11th October - Early applications are advised as the advert may close before the closing date.
Due to with COVID-19, Interviews may take place via Microsoft Teams, candidates will be provided with details after shortlisting.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Automatic entry into the Local Government pension Scheme.
• 30 Days pro rata annual leave + bank holidays
• A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn
• Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching
• Free onsite parking
• Subsidised onsite restaurant
• A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities, and we particularly welcome applicants who are currently under represented in our workforce. This includes but is not limited to Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates and disabled candidates.
Oaklands College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Employment is subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory safeguarding checks.