Support Staff Vacancy
Job term: Permanent, Part time
Location: Okehampton Primary School, part of The Dartmoor Multi Academy Trust
Salary: Grade B / £13,220 per annum
Hours: 1235 hours per annum (31.67 hours per week, term time plus non-pupil days)
Work Pattern: Monday to Friday, 8.40am – 3.30pm (to include 30 minute break)
Closing Date: 24th November 2020
Okehampton Primary School is delighted to be part of The Dartmoor Multi Academy Trust, a Trust consisting of 3 secondary and 14 primary schools.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, highly motivated and flexible Teaching Assistant, with a strong commitment to inclusive education, who is capable of working both independently and as part of a team in our friendly, dynamic and successful school.
The successful candidate will work with individuals and small groups of children to help them achieve their full potential both academically and socially.
Successful candidates will:
- Demonstrate successful experience in a primary setting.
- Demonstrate emotional resilience and confidence during challenging situations.
- Have an enthusiastic, imaginative and caring approach to all children.
- Be able to work as part of a team, building positive relationships with pupils, parents/carers, colleagues, and other professionals.
- Have good Literacy, Numeracy and ICT skills.
- Work with the teacher to create stimulating classroom displays and learning resources.
- Have high expectations of pupils’ achievements regarding learning, independence and behaviour.
- Be able to show initiative and be prepared to take responsibility for delivering programs to individuals and small groups of pupils as required.
- Be able to engage pupils in lesson times and in unstructured time.
- Be able to support assessment and evidence learning.
- Have experience of working with a range of SEN needs.
All schools in The Dartmoor Multi Academy Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Okehampton Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.