Part-Time High Needs 1 to 1 Teaching Assistant
Hours: 32.5 hours per week (8.30am – 3.30pm)
Contract Type: Fixed Term (linked to a pupil with an EHCP) initially until July 2024 but may continue subject to pupil needs within the school. Pro Rata and Term Time Only.
Salary: NJC Grade 3 Pts 5 – 6, £23,500-£23,893
We have an opportunity to join our school as a Teaching Assistant to support a Year 4 pupil with additional needs, on a one-to-one basis from January 2024.
A founding member of the Palladian Academy Trust, Oldfield Park Junior School (OPJS) is a popular eight class community school that serves Oldfield Park and the surrounding suburbs of Bath. OPJS was formed in 1893, deemed as 'Good' in its recent OFSTED inspection.
Our school and children need you if you are committed to providing the highest quality of education and support for the pupils in your care, and be able to work well as part of a team alongside the class teacher, parents and other outside agencies. Ideally you would have experience of working with children with additional needs.
We require an experienced Teaching Assistant to work on a one to one basis, working closely with the Year 4 team, to support a child with a range of significant needs including:
- Communication and Interaction, this pupil has a diagnosis of ADHD and traits of ASC and PDA
- Social, Emotional and Mental Health, a high level of emotional regulation difficulties, incidents of challenging behaviours, some violent.
This is a fixed term post which is attached to the child's EHC Plan and will remain initially until July 2024 as long as the school receives funding for the child and the child remains at the school until this date.
In return we can offer you:
- Delightful, enthusiastic and motivated learners.
- Excitement, challenge and an opportunity to shine.
- A leadership team who are committed to school improvement and who view your professional development as a priority.
- A friendly, supportive and committed staff determined to raise standards further.
- An inclusive community.
- A well-resourced school environment based in an iconic and historic building.
Please Note: From 1st November 2016 the school became part of the Palladian Academy Trust and therefore successful applicants will be employed by the Trust.
Submit completed Application Forms via the Recruitment Website.
For any queries please contact Miss Julie Butler, Deputy Headteacher on 01225-423477.
Closing date: 2nd January 2024
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants must be willing to undergo rigorous safer recruitment screening, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.