Inclusion Teaching Assistant
Salary: TSAT Pay Group 2 £14,423 - £17,034 for hours and weeks stated (£20,252 - £23,918 FTE)
Hours per week: 30 hours per week, 39 weeks per year (term time + 5 days)
Start date: September 2023
Closing Date: 30/03/2023
Interview Date: TBC
Due to the expansion of our provision, we are seeking to appoint an Inclusion Teaching Assistant to work within our brand-new inclusion centre, Rainbow Fish at Penbridge Schools.
You will need to hold a relevant L2 or higher childcare qualification, have good communication skills and excellent literacy and numeracy skills (GCSE or equivalent, Grade 4/C or above).
Rainbow Fish provides state-of-the-art facilities for children with complex cognition and learning difficulties aged between four and nine, who have an Educational Health Care Plan (EHCP). The children work towards being able to integrate into mainstream for some learning, with a high level of support to meet their specific needs from the provision staff. Our curriculum centres on each child as an individual, looking at their starting points and next steps. Class sizes are up to 8 pupils.
Formally known as Penhale Infant School and Newbridge Junior School, we officially joined together in September 2022 to form Penbridge Primary School. The infants site comprises of a nursery for 30 children and a 2-form entry infant school with 180 children on the roll including 16 children in our Rainbow Fish Inclusion Unit.
“Pupils are happy and enjoy attending this welcoming school” – Ofsted 2022
At Penbridge Schools, we are a proud member of the Thinking Schools Academy Trust. This enables us to create a unique offer for children: an "all-through" educational journey in which they remain with the same family of schools throughout their education.
Penbridge School is one of five primary schools and one secondary school in Portsmouth to benefit from Thinking Schools' award-winning resources, curriculum, and collaboration opportunities.
What you will need to succeed:
For a full list of responsibilities please see the attached Job Description.
- Provide teaching and learning to our students with the support of the Classroom Teacher
- Coaching children on a 1:1 or group basis
- Ability to inspire and motivate
- Committed to supporting pupils to reach their full potential
- Effective communicator both orally and in writing
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Good ICT skills
- Understanding of the educational system and current developments
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth.
We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
- Think about their Thinking
- Be their Best self
- Shape their Success
In this way we transform life chances
What our Trust will offer you:
- The opportunity to work with and support happy and well-behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our Trust including excellent CPD opportunities and career pathways
- An excellent Local Government pension scheme
- As a Trust we aim to foster a culture of appreciation with our fantastic Colleague recognition scheme
- Health and Wellbeing benefits including access to Thinking You - A 24/7 employee assistance programme for legal, financial, emergency health or lifestyle support
- Support staff have access to 'Discount for Teachers' with a huge range of money saving deals and vouchers
- A 'Refer a Friend' incentive scheme
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working at our small and friendly school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
To arrange an informal telephone conversation please contact Sarah Arthur on Sarah.Arthur @ penbridge.tsat.uk
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. As per KCSIE we will also undertake online searches for all shortlisted candidates, if you have any questions regarding this process please email recruitment @ tsatrust.org.uk
Penbridge School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.