Salary: TSAT Pay Group 3 pro rata to £20,042-£23,713 for hours and weeks stated (£22,818 - £26,997 FTE)
Start date: As soon as possible
Hours: 37 hours per week, 39 weeks per year (Term time plus 1 week)
Closing date: 26/02/2023
We are seeking to appoint a Pastoral Mentor to join Plympton Academy. The successful candidate will work to provide additional pastoral support and intervention alongside the Heads of Year, and and year group pastoral staff.
You will form an essential part of the team that operates to maintain our trust’s culture of ‘Aspire, Achieve and Respect’ in the way that students behave when they are on the school-site.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to make a difference in the lives of our students and to work within a dynamic and supportive staff team.
About the role:
- You will be promoting positive values, attitudes and good student behaviour including addressing students whose behaviour does not meet the expectations within the school behaviour policy.
- Be relentless in monitoring the behaviour of students and ensuring that appropriate follow up takes place by all members of staff where misbehaviour, or serious misbehaviour occurs; particularly when students cross red lines.
- Work alongside other members of the pastoral support team to create and apply intervention strategies for individuals or groups of students to defend and promote the culture of aspire, achieve and respect.
- Provide additional capacity to the ‘on call’ team throughout the day, patrolling corridors regularly to keep discipline and order, and identifying ‘hot spots’ within the Academy.
- Liaising with parents and attending meetings as appropriate, reviewing and updating student support plans.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- You will have experience of working with young people in a school or similar setting
- You will uphold standards around attendance, behaviour and progress so that each student can be their best self
- Provide support to students to acquire effective habits to be successful at school and beyond
- Promote positive values, attitudes and good student behaviour
- Assist in supporting the welfare and wellbeing of students
- Be committed to work as part of a team who are passionate about achieving the very best outcomes for all of our students
- Contribute to the values, ethos and the development of our schools
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth.
We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
Think about their Thinking
Be their Best self
Shape their Success
In this way we transform life chances
What our Trust will offer you:
- The opportunity to work with happy and well-behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
- Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of New Horizons Children’s Academy
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- Free parking in our staff carpark
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working at our school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We strongly encourage any applicants who may be interested in working at our school to contact Tracey Overton on Tracey.Overton @ plymptonacademy.tsat.uk to arrange an informal conversation about the role with our hiring manager.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. As per KCSIE we will also undertake online searches for all shortlisted candidates, if you have any questions regarding this process please email recruitment @ tsatrust.org.uk
Plympton Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.