Queen Mary’s College is seeking to appoint a proactive individual to work with the Site Services Team to provide a safe and secure environment with particular emphasis on the student experience. The Team is very proud of the College buildings and grounds. They work closely together to ensure the best experience possible for students, staff, visitors and site users. The candidate will also be required to demonstrate the ability to assist with general maintenance and site services tasks.
The site is set on a beautiful 23 acre site. In recent years the campus has seen an investment of over £20 million pounds through new buildings, improvements and upgrades thanks to careful management, additional funding and grants. Our educational facilities range from modern teaching facilities built in the last few years to buildings that were original to the Shrubbery School first established in the 1950s. The College site incorporates a commercial theatre, Central Studio, and a Sports Centre. We also attract room bookings/lettings from a vast range of users from the local community and further afield. The College site is open seven days a week for most the year, opening at 5.30am through to, occasionally, midnight.
Purpose of Job:
• To provide a safe and secure environment with particular emphasis on the student experience.
• To work closely with the Site Service Team to provide support for general maintenance and site services tasks.
• To ensure students, staff, visitors and site users are well supported in their activities.
• General security patrols around the site.
• Support for College Management Team members and teachers with specific incidents.
• Eyes and ears around the estate for feedback of any issues to the Site Services Team.
• Networking across site, liaison with external agencies, including Community Policing, etc.
• Close liaison with Wellbeing Hub/Team.
• Monitoring and managing CCTV across the site.
• Management of the car parking, traffic/barrier control system, including ID card management.
• Site accessibility issues, including lift management/entrapment protocols, etc.
• Escorting contractors on site.
• Support for end of day procedures (shutting windows/locking off areas of College).
• Deputy lead for emergency response procedures.
• Contribution to PEEPs management.
• Contribution to first aid and/or mental health first aid.
• Support for Site Services Team, when time allows, but particularly during College holiday periods. This will include absence cover for occasional morning and evening lock up.
• Other duties consistent with the grade of the post as may be requested.
Please download the attached job description for further information.
Interview date:- Thursday 1 October 2020
Salary is paid in line with the Sixth Form Colleges Support Staff pay scale, Scale point 12, currently £22,755 per annum dependent upon experience and qualifications.