Queen Mary’s College is seeking to appoint a dynamic, problem-solving, suitably qualified and experienced individual as an IT Co-ordinator. The site is set on a beautiful multi-use area in the heart of Basingstoke, covering approximately 25 acres. Its educational facilities range from state-of-the art teaching facilities built in the last few years to buildings that were original to the Shrubbery School first established in the 1950s. The College operates a commercial theatre; Central Studio and Sports Centre.
The ideal candidate for this role will be someone who can demonstrate their technical experience in this particular field and is enthusiastic at role modelling and delivering great customer service. Working in this environment requires ‘thinking on your feet,’ good organisational skills, clear and strong communication, a positive ‘can-do’ attitude, a good and appropriate sense of humour and the ability to work flexibly. The suitable applicant is a person who is hands on and can lead, prioritise conflicting demands and work as part of a team, at all times with a clear head working under pressure.
Purpose of Job:
• To manage efficient, effective and secure information technology and computer systems
• To ensure students and staff are well supported in their activities
• Maintain fully operational IT facilities throughout the College.
Accountable to: Data Manager
Line Manager for: Senior IT Technician & Trainee IT Technician
Key Outcomes and Responsibilities:
• To manage secure information technology and computer systems – hardware and software
• To manage a small team of technicians
• To ensure security of data, network access and backup systems
• To identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in a timely manner
• To preserve assets, information security and control structure
• To liaise with Data Manager in the management of annual budgets and ensure cost effectiveness
• To liaise with curriculum to ensure systems are fit for purpose
• To ensure the College has well maintained IT facilities for all users through routine maintenance
• To contribute to and ensure a high level of customer service in the Team’s response to supporting students and staff, prioritising appropriately
• To maintain the College’s networked printers
• To maintain the deployment and updating of software throughout the College’s computer systems
• To provide network support – fault identification and rectification
• To work closely with the IT Project Manager in implementing computer images, etc
• To carry out routine maintenance during low volume activity time
• To liaise with external suppliers and contractors in relation to College computer systems
• To ensure and assist with operational support in all rooms with IT equipment
• To liaise with Data Manager to ensure teaching and learning, and College processes, lie at the heart of IT development.
• Other duties consistent with the grade of the post as may be requested.
• Proven work experience in the field
• Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware and software systems
• Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation
• Ability to manage personnel
• Administration of Microsoft Windows Active Directory and Microsoft products and applications
• Configuration and maintenance of servers
• E-mail and Virtual Learning Environment access
• PC hardware, building and maintaining PCs
• Administration of Microsoft Office 365 / Google Apps
• Basic understanding of Microsoft System Centre Configuration Manager
• Proven work experience in the field
• Good organisational and time management skills
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• The ability to work under pressure, to be flexible, thorough and accurate
• A good working knowledge of networked computer systems
• The ability to lead and work as a member of a team
• The ability to provide support to staff and students using the networks
• Good interpersonal skills
• Effective communicator
• The willingness and ability to learn new systems
• Calm under pressure
This role attracts a number of benefits such as, use of the Sports Centre facilities, free parking on site, discounted Central Studio tickets, complimentary beverages for all staff, related training and development, counselling service and subject to service length: a generous annual leave, sickness and maternity package.
Salary is paid at point 26 of the Sixth Form Colleges Support Staff pay scale, currently £35,068 per annum.
Applications close at Midday on Friday 23rd April 2021
Interviews to take place on Friday 30th April 2021
Queen Mary's College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.