Repton School Abu Dhabi are looking for an outstanding Inclusion Manager to lead our Inclusion Department covering Year 2 to Year 11.
The successful candidate must have a SENCO qualification and have skilfully lead a team. Previous experience of working at Senior School level is preferable.
Strategic direction and development:
- Support the vision, ethos and policies of the school which secure effective teaching, successful learning and promote high levels of achievement and self-esteem for all students irrespective of background, ethnicity, gender or disability
- Help lead and manage the creation and implementation of the School Development Plan which identifies priorities and targets for ensuring students achieve high standards and make progress, increasing teachers' effectiveness and securing school improvement and to take responsibility for appropriately delegated aspects of it
- Support the evaluation of the effectiveness of the school's policies and developments and analyse their impact on students who have special educational needs
- Ensure the effective and proficient use of student data from a variety of sources, both internal and external, in the process of target setting;
- Ensure that parents are well informed about the curriculum, targets, individual students' progress and achievement
- Develop and maintain good relationships with parents, outside agencies and the local community
Teaching and learning
- Identify and adopt the most effective teaching approaches for those students with special educational needs
- Monitor teaching and learning activities to meet the needs of students with special educational needs
- Provide training opportunities and support for Teaching Assistants, Shadow Teachers and other teachers to learn about special educational needs
- Identify and teach study skills that will develop students' ability to work independently
- Liaise with other schools to ensure continuity of support and learning when transferring students with special educational needs
Recording and assessment
- Set targets for raising achievement among students with special educational needs
- Collect and interpret specialist assessment data
- Set up systems for identifying, assessing and reviewing special educational needs
- Update the Principal / Deputy Head and Governing Body on the effectiveness of provision for students with special educational needs
- Meet half-termly with teachers to lead ‘Inclusion Progress’ meetings
- Attend consultation evenings and keep parents informed about their child's progress
- Encourage all members of staff to recognise and fulfil their responsibilities to students with special educational needs
- Disseminate good practice in special educational needs across the school
- Identify resources and provision needed to meet the needs of students with special educational needs
About Repton School Abu Dhabi
Repton Abu Dhabi is a prominent school on Reem Island in the heart of 'new Abu Dhabi'. We've been here since 2013, growing quickly due to our popularity with the local and expat community alike and our quality was recently recognised though the award of a 'Very Good' rating by ADEK with several outstanding features, which we seek to build on in the years ahead.
We follow a British independent school curriculum which incorporates elements of the English National Curriculum but which allows highly skilled teachers to develop an appropriate curriculum for an independent school in an international environment. In 2018-19 we extended our offering to IGCSE, and in 2021-22 will be offering A Level courses for the first time.
Though it's the first time offering this for us in Abu Dhabi, we pride ourselves on extremely close links to our sister school Repton Dubai which has been rated 'Outstanding' for several years and has an impeccable track record of delivery at Key Stage 4 & 5, whom we seek to emulate and surpass in the coming years.
The whole course of study through the school is designed to develop pupils as independent and lifelong learners as well as encouraging a spirit of intellectual curiosity and the pursuit of knowledge. This is achieved not only by what is studied in lessons but by formal prep time and links between academic and cross-curricular opportunities, including field trips outside of school.
All aspects of our curriculum are delivered with a rigour stemming from proven and traditional teaching methods and are bolstered by the latest innovations in teaching practice.
Further to this, the school has ready access to the latest in curriculum planning, assessment and monitoring strategies and the staff regularly review their teaching practices to ensure a fresh and dynamic approach to education.