We require a Teacher of Science to join The Rochester Grammar School. You will be joining a team of committed professionals to teach Years 7-13, including the International Baccalaureate Diploma in the Sixth Form. This post is suitable for an experienced teacher or NQT with a passion for teaching Science. Experience of teaching the IB is not essential.
The Rochester Grammar School is the best school in Medway for progress
The Rochester Grammar School is part of The Thinking Schools Academy Trust and is not only a school with outstanding outcomes but also has a rich history and inspiring reputation as one of the country's leading state Grammar Schools.
RGS is consistently ranked amongst the best state schools in the country and is an International Baccalaureate World School. Teaching at RGS is an inspiring and rewarding experience.
What you will need to succeed:
- Be a qualified Science teacher
- Passionate about teaching and learning and have a positive outlook and excellent interpersonal skills
- Good or Outstanding classroom practice with high expectations for achievements and behaviour
- Be able to plan and deliver a creative and stimulating curriculum
- High expectations for yourself and the children to ensure that all of our children achieve their very best
- An aspiring leader of learning and happy to grasp exciting CPD opportunities
- Contribute to the values, ethos and the development of our schools
- Be committed to developing International Mindedness
What our Trust will offer you:
- Revised Teacher Payscale to retain and reward excellent teachers
- The opportunity to work with happy and well behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits.
- Regular opportunities to meet and share best practice with the relevant year group teachers of the other secondary schools within our trust
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice
- Excellent CPD opportunities including our Early career, Middle and Senior Leadership programmes
- As an accredited Chartered Teacher organisation you can become a recognised Charted Teacher
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of New Horizons Children’s Academy
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- Free parking in our staff carpark
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in joining our team of ambitious and dynamic teachers alongside a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today.
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
To arrange an informal conversation about this role please contact Ruth Rivers via email – r. rivers @ tsatrust. org.uk .
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The Rochester Grammar School is committed to recruiting with care and safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.