Learning Support Assistant Reception
A special opportunity to work in a friendly primary school.
Salfords Primary School are looking to recruit for a Learning Support Assistant to support children in Reception class.
Ideally you will have experience of working within schools or with children and be passionate about children’s learning and development.
The successful candidate will work alongside and support the Class Teacher and wider education team in making a positive impact specifically with the support and in general on the curriculum.
About Salfords Primary School
Our School sits within a newly established cluster of schools, overseen by a Regional Director. Along with Salfords, our cluster includes the following other schools; Southgate Primary School, Forge Wood Primary School, Kilnwood Vale Primary School, Greenway Junior School, Lime Tree Primary School, Merstham Primary School .
This is an exciting opportunity to work collaboratively with colleagues across this cluster, to share expertise and experience, ensuring all children in our schools receive an excellent education and reach their potential. It also provides opportunities for career progression across the cluster and gives you the chance to further your professional development.
What we are looking for
- Be able to develop positive relationships with young children.
- Be able to stay calm and objective when presented with unusual or challenging behaviour.
- Be able to develop an understanding of the educational, welfare and social needs of the child with whom you are supporting.
- Be a confident and a clear communicator with parents.
- Be enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team.
Why work at Salfords Primary School
- A chance to work in a diverse, inclusive, vibrant and fast-growing community
- A supportive senior management team
- Opportunities to develop a curriculum to meet the needs of the children
- Recognition of previous school continuous service.
- Excellent CPD opportunities
- Support of the wider Academy Trust teams
Join the GLF Schools Community
As a part of GLF Schools, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression discussions, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 42 academies or in our central team.
- Celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 17,000 pupils
- Founded upon the values of Respect, Inclusivity, Integrity and Kindness
- 42 primary and secondary schools across 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England
- We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity
- Committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education
GLF Schools Employment Offer
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish
- Access to our highly competitive Teachers Pension Scheme
- Flexible working options
- Generous holiday allowance
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Access to a staff benefits portal
- Community and collaboration working model
Please read the attached Join Our Community candidate pack for further information.
This is a full-time term time only post.
Salary FTE: £19,627 - £22,400
Pro Rata: £14,774.36 - £16,861.76
Hours of work: 31.5 hours per week, between Monday – Friday
Closing date for applications – 18th June 2023
Interview date – TBC asap we will interview as and when the suitable applications are received and we reserve the right to close the advert early so encourage you to apply early.
We normally positively encourage informal visits. Should you wish to find out more about the school or have further queries please contact us or check out our website.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place