Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
1.To assist tutors to support ‘at risk’ learners in a range of learning settings to include one to onebasis or in small groups, tutorial and enrichment activities.
2.To support ‘Looked After/Leaving Care’ learners, liaising with Social Workers and tutors tosupport and carry out Personal Education Plans to ensure learners remain in education andprogress to positive destinations
3.To support learners with identified mental health issues, liaising with support staff and tutors toensure learners are monitored and support
4.To assist with safeguarding as a first point of contact within the triage team
5.To have a good understanding of the issues around learner support and be committed to thedelivery of this in a flexible and innovative way.
6.To have a good understanding of pastoral welfare support needs in order to ensure appropriatesupport is/put into place
7.To promote positive behaviour, attendance and respect for self and others.
8. To assist the monitoring of attendance and where necessary reporting and following up individuals targets to support the improvement of attendance and punctuality
9. To motivate and encourage learners to take responsibility for their own learning, helping them to set and maintain realistic targets
10. To liaise closely with learners’ tutors, student service staff, carer’s and families informing them of attendance and progress.
11. Effectively use data recording systems to maintain thorough records of meetings with students and actions taken or decisions made. Ensure records are comprehensive and thorough and made available to line manager and/ or course leaders as appropriate.
12. To identify and develop a range of appropriate learning resources.
13. To act as a link person between student services and curriculum
14. To attend team meetings / training as and when required.
15. To undertake any duties that may arise within the Division.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. South & City College Birmingham is an equal opportunities employer. All posts within the College are subject to Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate