AV Technician (Media Production)
Start: 4th January or as soon as possible
Salary: Grade 6, points 18-22 (£24,982 - £27,041)
(£21,655 to £23,440) actual pro rata salary
Location: SBL Academy, Oldland Common (near Bristol/Bath) with travel to other schools
Contract: 37 hours per week
Term: Permanent, Term Time Only plus 2 INSET days + 5 additional days
Futura Learning Partnership is a partnership of schools which span the Bristol - Keynsham - Bath area that are working together to provide a high quality educational experience for all students in their care and be a truly inclusive provider of 4-19 education in the area.
An exciting opportunity to take on a varied role, largely based at SBL Academy, but also with a roaming role across all 13 schools in our trust. You will be expected to use your flair to produce high quality digital media content to promote the trust or its individual schools, and also to be able to offer calm and professional support to staff and students while creating their own content.
The AV Technician (Media Production) is responsible for all aspects of digital media production across the trust. Your role will focus on the following primary functions:
- To provide class-based technical support in areas such Creative Media, TV and Film, and Photography. SBL Academy benefits from a recently installed multi-camera TV studio and gallery, as part of a 3 classroom suite including photographic facilities and two Windows 10 based ICT Suites running Adobe CC.
- To record important events or promotional material for many customers within the trust, to edit the footage and publish the resulting videos to appropriate locations such as our YouTube channels.
- To provide technical support via the IT Helpdesk to staff requesting help with digital media.
- To provide technical and procurement advice to the Head of IT Services within your area of responsibility.
You will work closely alongside the existing AV Technician whose prime responsibility is for “live AV”. We encourage the two of you to support each other in your areas of specialism. Note that you do not need any prior experience of the live AV for this role, but any experience would obviously be of benefit. The wider IT Services contains a further 12 technicians including two mainly based at SBL Academy like you.
The ideal candidate will be:
- An excellent communicator
- A team player
- Flexible and adaptable in your approach to work
If you think you may have most of the necessary skills, knowledge and experience to fulfil this role, or an aptitude and desire to learn what you don’t already know, then we would like to hear from you.
In return we offer:
- A competitive salary
- An opportunity to work in a supportive team from whom you can learn, develop and grow
- Wider opportunities to be involved across the Futura Learning Partnership
- An energised and professional working environment
- Benefits include; pension scheme, discounted sports centre/gym membership, free wellbeing support & medical cover, free on-site parking and cycle to work scheme.
The closing date for applications is: 23:59 on Sunday 5th December 2021.
Interviews are likely to be held soon thereafter.
No CVs or agencies please.
- Download the Job Description/Person Specification
- Trust Recruitment Pack
- Click on the ‘apply’ button within the vacancy advertised on the Futura Learning Jobsite and complete and submit your online application before the closing date.
PLEASE NOTE: Early applications are encouraged. The trust reserves the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date of the advertisement, should the trust be able to appoint an appropriate candidate.
Futura Learning Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Your suitability to work with children and young people will form part of the selection process. For this post, prior to appointment Futura Learning Partnership will apply for a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring check, a Children’s Barred list check, two satisfactory references, satisfactory pre-employment health screening and for Teachers, a Prohibition Check in relation to the children’s workforce. In some settings a Declaration will be required in order to meet our obligations under the ‘Disqualification under the Childcare Act 2006.
Sir Bernard Lovell Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.