Weekend Site Officer - required all year round
Core Hours: 8.30am – 5.30pm Saturday; 9.30am – 4.30pm Sunday
Job Share/Split shift available
16 hours worked per weekend in total
Actual Starting Salary £8,667.24 per annum equivalent to £10.39 per hour
The Sir Robert Woodard Academy, part of the Woodard family of schools, is a thriving 11–18 Academy serving primarily the students of Lancing, Sompting and West Shoreham, though we welcome students from all surrounding areas.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our committed and dedicated Site team as a Weekend Site Officer. We are looking for a polite, enthusiastic and reliable individual, with relevant skills or experience and a positive ‘can do’ approach, to join us and the site team as soon as possible on a permanent, part time basis.
We are keen to ensure that all users of the Academy site and resources gain maximum enjoyment and satisfaction from the facilities available and are able to use them within a safe environment. The main duties of the post are to support all lettings at the Academy, whilst exercising the highest levels of professionalism and customer care, and to ensure the site and Academy equipment is clean, secure and well kept.
The successful post-holder will:
- Be well-presented with strong interpersonal skills and a friendly, welcoming approach
- Be able to assess situations and deal with them appropriately, prioritising, delegating and sharing work as necessary
- Have the ability to develop good working relationships with staff, students, visitors and all users of the Academy site.
- Be physically fit and able to undertake light manual work and some practical tasks.
- Understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality
- Show initiative, work well under pressure and be able to multi-task
- Have good administrative and organisational skills and attention to detail
- Be a team player who will consistently implement Academy policies
Core working hours will be 16 over each weekend, to be worked on both Saturdays and Sundays. The post-holder may be required to work overtime when required. Actual salary for the 16 core hours worked each weekend is £8,667.24pa.
Please review the job description and person specification for further details on the role and the skills and attributes required.
Sir Robert Woodard Academy staff benefit from the following:
- employee assistance programme and onsite wellbeing support
- a modern and spacious working environment;
- strong and supportive collegial relationships;
- free use of the Academy’s fitness suite;
- free on site car parking and easy access to local public transport;
- cycle to work scheme.
Quotes from last full Ofsted inspection report, October 2021: Rating of “Good” in all areas:
“The culture at this school is summed up by its motto, ‘Aspire to Achieve’. From Year 7 through to the sixth form, pupils learn to think ambitiously about their futures.”
"The school is a calm and orderly place for pupils to learn….Pupils treat each other with respect … low-level disruption is rare."
"Pupils, parents and carers feel proud of their school…one parent told us ‘we are really impressed with the school, the ethos and the staff’.”
A Staff well-being survey commissioned externally in July 2021 for SRWA revealed that these were some of the areas our staff considers are ‘outstanding’:
- Staff morale, workload and job satisfaction
- Opportunity for staff to offer ideas
- Opportunities for staff professional development
- Support from managers and colleagues
- Equality of opportunities for staff
- Appreciation of staff achievement/contribution,
- Induction of new staff
- Students' respect for staff/others.
Commitment to safeguarding and equal opportunities
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share in this commitment. All posts will be subject to safeguarding and vetting checks, including the receipt of two satisfactory professional references. Shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete a criminal record self-declaration form. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check, therefore individuals on the children’s barred list (and adults barred list where relevant) should not apply. There is a six month probation period for all post-holders.
We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Closing date: 14/09/2022
We reserve the right to interview and appoint before the deadline and will close the advert at any time, should a strong candidate apply. If you are interested then you are advised to apply early.
The academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All posts will be subject to satisfactory references and successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS.