Start date: TBC – December 2021.
Hours: Full time - 32 hours and 30 minutes per week, Monday to Friday, Term time only.
Salary: Teacher’s Main Scale (£25,714 - £36,691 per annum, pro-rata – salary within this pay range only, to be agreed at interview.)
This is a temporary post to cover maternity leave until 31st December 2022 or until the post holder's return if earlier.
Are you an excellent classroom practitioner with high expectations for all pupils?
Are you committed to raising standards and enabling all pupils to achieve well?
Are you excited by learning and desire to grow professionally?
If the answer to all of these questions is yes, and you want to make a positive difference to the educational outcomes for children, then Christ Church Hanham CE Primary School is interested in finding out more about you.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated candidate to join our caring Christian school on its exciting journey. Christ Church CE Primary School is looking to appoint an excellent practitioner to join our dynamic team and enable our learner to achieve well in line with our vison of Nurture-Grow-Flourish.
The successful applicant will need to be able to show evidence that they possess the skills and attributes to inspire pupils and ensure strong outcomes, continually improving their own practice in order to enable every child to be the best that they can be. The successful person will also need to demonstrate that they are committed to their own professional learning and that of our school team.
We are looking for a committed, talented and inspirational teacher who:
• Has a proven record of strong classroom practice in upper Key Stage 2 (or equivalent during training)
• Can critically reflect and evaluate their own teaching
• Has high expectations for all pupils in their care
• Is able to inspire, motivate and engage all pupils
• Has a strong understanding of formative assessment and can use this to inform teaching
• Is an excellent team player and role model for the whole school community
• Desires to participate in the full life of the school including running clubs
• Is supportive of the Christian ethos of the school
• Is a strong communicator who desires to build excellent relationships with all stakeholders
In return, we can offer you:
• A caring, Christian community that is committed to ensuring that every pupil receives the best possible educational experience each and every day
• A school with a strong track record of pastoral care and support for all children and families
• Confident, happy pupils keen to learn and challenge themselves
• Supportive and reflective colleagues who are keen to learn and develop their own practice
• A school committed to ongoing professional growth and development
Applicants are warmly encouraged to visit the school and meet the leadership team.
Visits will take place on the following dates:
• Monday 27th September @ 4.00pm
• Tuesday 5th October @ 4.00pm
Interviews will take place the week commencing 18th October 2021.
Shortlisting will begin Monday 11th October 2021.
Closing date for applicants is Friday 8th October 2021 at 9:30am.
Christ Church CE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
Some roles may need to comply with the ‘Childcare Act 2006’ and the ‘Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009’ were additional disclosure of information will be required.
Christ Church Hanham CofE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.