SEN Teaching Assistant – KS2
Start date: As soon as possible.
Hours: 23 hours and 40 minutes per week, Monday to Friday, 8:30am – 12:30pm plus 2 afternoons per week, 1:25pm – 3:15pm. Term time only.
Salary: Hay 10 (£11,226 - £11,914 per annum)
This is a fixed term post until 31st August 2022 pending a staffing review.
We are looking to appoint highly skilled Teaching Assistant, to support a child in Year 5 who has an EHCP.
If you feel you have a caring ethos and nurturing personality, we are looking for someone who:
• Has a proven ability to support pupils with additional needs, including those with physical needs
• Has experience of working with children both inside and outside the class room on a 1:1 basis
• Is committed to the well-being of children
• Is committed to developing pupils’ independence
• Can help to develop social skills and establish positive relationships with children and adults
• Will champion vulnerable children
• Has experience of developing positive and supportive relationships and good communication with parents
• Will work as part of a teaching team in the classroom
• Loves their job and puts children’s needs at the heart of every decision they make.
The successful candidate will:
• Be resilient
• Be willing to find alternative strategies to break through barriers
• Demonstrate an ability to personalise learning when necessary in order to meet the child's needs
• Work effectively as part of a strong staff team
• Communicate well with parents
• Be able to works towards individual targets
We can offer you:
• A happy, supportive, forward-looking staff
• Membership of an experienced and committed team of teaching assistants
• Enthusiastic, well behaved children
• A brand new building with a well-resourced, attractive learning environment
• Support for your professional development
Watermore Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
Some roles may need to comply with the ‘Childcare Act 2006’ and the ‘Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009’ where additional disclosure of information will be required.
Closing date for applicants is Wednesday 29th September 2021 12pm.
Interviews will be held in the week beginning 4th October.
Watermore Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.