SEN Teaching Assistant
Start date: As soon as possible.
Hours: 32 hours and 30 minutes per week, Monday to Friday, 8:45am – 3:45pm, term time only plus 5 inset days.
Salary: Hay 8 (£19,549 - £21,566 per annum)
This is a fixed term post until 31st August 2022 due to a budgetary review.
Required as soon as possible, an enthusiastic and creative Teaching Assistant who will enjoy supporting pupils with SLD, PMLD and other complex needs.
At New Siblands, our pupils experience a holistic curriculum, and need sensitive support to help them achieve their potential, develop their independence, and acquire relevant communication, social and life skills.
We are looking for candidates who demonstrate:
• They are a good communicator, team player and team leader – able to foster positive team working at all times
• Experience and understanding of supporting the educational needs of pupils with SLD, PMLD, ASD
• Commitment to the aims and values of New Siblands School
• Ability to work flexibly
• Experience of working with children of different ages and learning needs
• Understanding and experience of promoting positive behaviour with children and young people with learning disabilities
• Understanding of and commitment to safeguarding children
• Ability to follow instructions and work under own initiative
• Sense of humour
• Ability to contribute towards a vibrant and exciting environment that maximises enjoyment and learning
• Ability to support differentiation and Assessment for Learning in teaching and learning
• Commitment to maximising learning opportunities and pupil independence that are enhanced by an inclusive approach
• Nurture tolerance and acceptance in all our pupils, modelling positive attitudes towards individuals
• Display values of integrity to establish and maintain mutual respect
We can offer you:
• A supportive and creative staff team to work with
• An environment that celebrates the success, creativity, diversity and achievement of pupils and staff
• An ethos and practice that puts the pupils at the centre and that personalises engaging learning opportunities for them
• A modern well-resourced environment
• A comprehensive portfolio of professional development opportunities.
Please refer to the relevant job description and job specification for further details and key responsibilities of the role.
The closing date is 9am on Monday 4th October 2021.
Shortlisted candidates will be notified by: Tuesday 12th October 2021
Interviews to be held on Thursday 14th October 2021
Enable Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check. Some roles may need to comply with the ‘Childcare Act 2006’ and the ‘Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009’ where additional disclosure of information will be required.
New Siblands School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.