SEN Teaching Assistant – KS2
Start date: 1st November 2021
Hours: 27 hours and 30 minutes per week, 8:30am – 2:30pm, term time only.
Salary: Hay 10 (£13,043 - £13,841 per annum)
This is a temporary post subject to funding that will end when the funding ceases or the child leaves the school.
Bowsland Green Primary School is looking to employ a creative, nurturing, and passionate SEND Teaching Assistant to support a range of pupils across Key Stage Two. Candidates with experience supporting children with Speech and Language difficulties, Autism and Social, Emotional Mental Health would ideally be suited for the position. We are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic, and driven support worker to join Team Bowsland and are open to candidates with a range of skill sets and experiences working with children and young adults with Special Educational Needs. As an inclusive school, we are looking to employ a SEND TA that strives to make learning accessible for all, enables learners to become successful and independent and someone who working in a creative and fun environment.
Candidates must have experience working at a Level 2 qualified teaching assistant or desire to complete the relevant training.
As an inclusive school, we are able to offer;
• Speech and Language training (both internally and through traded Sirona Care Team)
• Autism awareness training Level 1 and 2
• Emotion coaching and further SEMH training
• AAC (Augmentative and Alternative Communication) training
• A fully supportive SENCo to develop your professional development
• Exciting further training opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge in the Key Stage Two setting and SEN training in relation to supporting our pupils
• Superb pupils who are confident and enthusiastic learners
• Brilliant families, keen to work in partnership to ensure their children achieve the best possible outcomes
• A skilled, committed and positive staff team – a team that work exceptionally hard and exude positivity and humour
• A mentor who will support your induction at the school
Please apply if:
• You are flexible, versatile and resilient in a rapidly changing work environment and enjoy working as a team.
• You are an excellent communicator.
• You have high expectations of what all pupils can achieve and are able to motivate and inspire confidence in pupils.
• You have a basic knowledge of IT skills and understand how IT can be used to support learning.
• You are keen to undertake further training.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
Some roles may need to comply with the ‘Childcare Act 2006’ and the ‘Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009’ where additional disclosure of information will be required.
Interview date – Week beginning 18th October 2021
Closing date – Wednesday 13th October 2021
Bowsland Green Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.