SEN Teaching Assistant
Start date: As Soon as Possible
Hours: 37 hours per week, term time only (Monday to Friday 8.45am – 3.15pm, but flexibility with hours can be considered)
Salary: Hay 9 (£19,763 - £21,819 per annum)
This is a temporary post subject to funding that will end when the funding ceases or the child leaves the school
EXCITING OPPORTUNITY: We are looking to appoint a skilled and experienced, caring and enthusiastic person to provide 1:1 support for a pupil in year 4 who needs support with their communication and interaction needs and is on the autistic spectrum. The candidate will have a supportive year 4 team of other SEN TAs and a supportive hard working teacher and SENCO who will provide and support along the way.
We are looking for a committed person who:
- has a proven ability to support pupils with additional needs, including those with communication and interaction needs
- has experience of working with children on a 1:1 basis
- experience of working in class room settings as well as supporting children outside of the class room environment for interventions;
-may have experience providing specialist provision in a mainstream setting
-may have experience using the Autism Education Trust framework
- has experience of working with children with EHC plans or statements and implementing the outcomes or objectives;
- is committed to the well-being of all children;
- is committed to developing pupils’ independence.
- can help to develop social skills and establish positive relationships with children and adults.
- champions vulnerable children
-is committed to supporting the strong Christian ethos of the school;
- loves their job and puts children’s needs at the heart of every decision they make.
The successful candidate will:
• be resilient
• remain optimistic and positive in challenging situations
• Show good personal emotional literacy and self-regulation
• Demonstrate an ability to personalise learning when necessary in order to meet the child's needs
• Work effectively as part of a supportive staff team
• Communicate well with parents
• Be able to works towards individual targets
We can offer a warm and nurturing working environment as well as a leadership team dedicated to offering professional development opportunities. We have a dedicated and supportive SENCO as well as an exceptional TA team who would be willing to support any successful applicant. We can also offer the opportunity or you to shadow current staff working with the child before they move on to another role within the school in order to provide a positive transition for the child and the successful candidate.
This is a temporary post.
Applicants must be in sympathy with the school’s strong caring ethos. Please contact the school for more details. School visits are welcome. Please call the school to discuss further.
Closing date: Friday, 28th January 2022
Interviews to be held on Monday, 31st January 2022
The school is committed to safeguarding children and young people, and all staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Some roles may need to comply with the Childcare Act 2006, and the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2018 where additional disclosure of information will be required.
Frampton Cotterell CE VC Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.