SEN Teaching Assistant
Start date: 28th February 2022 (or as soon as possible)
Hours: 22 hours per week, Monday to Thursday, 9am – 2:45pm and Friday 9am – 12pm including a 1-hour lunchbreak. Term time only.
Salary: Hay 10 (£10,434- £11,073 per annum)
Please note, this is a temporary post to support a child with Matrix funding that will come to an end when the funding ceases, or the child leaves the school. Working pattern subject to change when child in KS1.
Broadway Infant School are looking for an experienced teaching assistant to join our team. We are a friendly school set within a strong local community. At Broadway we believe that we have an important role in establishing our children as life- long learners through our creative and exciting curriculum and nurturing environment. The successful candidate will be supporting a child with Special Education Needs who is currently in Year 1.
This is a temporary post subject to SEN Matrix Funding that will end when the funding ceases or the child leaves the school.
The child requiring support will need help with:
• Learning and cognition
• Speech, language and communication
• Social skills and interactions
We are looking for someone who:
• has a good understanding of SEN within a school setting
• patience and understanding
• has the ability to liaise effectively with colleagues and parents
• is able to use their initiative and demonstrate flexibility and adaptability.
• has experience and the ability to assist teachers with the monitoring of pupil progress
• assisting with the setting up and monitoring of the pupil’s Educational Health Care Plan targets
• has energy and enthusiasm
• has a willingness to learn and take on new ideas
• has good team-working capacity
An NVQ 3 for Teaching Assistants or other relevant qualification is desirable. Practical experience of working with children in a classroom environment, together with knowledge and experience of working with a child with SEN is also desirable.
Visits to the school can be organised if requested. Contact the school by email or telephone.
Closing date for applicants is Thursday 3rd February 2022 at 12pm.
The school is committed to safeguarding children and young people, and all staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Some roles may need to comply with the Childcare Act 2006, and the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2018 where additional disclosure of information will be required.
Broadway Infant School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.