SEN Teaching Assistant
Start date: As soon as possible.
Hours: 21 hours and 15 minutes per week, Monday to Thursday, 8:45am – 12pm & 1:15pm – 2:30pm and Friday 8:45am – 12pm. (these can be agreed locally). This is a term time only role.
Salary: Hay 10 (£10,078 - £10,696 per annum)
Please note, this is a temporary post to support a child with EHCP funding that will come to an end when the funding ceases, or the child leaves the school.
We are looking to appoint a part time SEND Teaching Assistant to work within our thriving inclusive school. The role will require you to support a Year 4 child to access teaching and learning alongside their peers and to be a positive role model in helping them to grow on their journey towards independence.
The successful candidate will have knowledge and experience of autism and attachment and will support a trauma informed approach towards achieving positive outcomes.
The successful candidate will also have a passion for setting high expectations and aspirations for all children and especially those with SEN/D. Experience of working as a team in a primary school to support children’s needs is essential.
Patience, empathy and a nurturing approach along with the ability to think on your feet and be flexible are all characteristics which will come naturally to you.
This is a very exciting opportunity for a committed and versatile person to join our fantastic team of staff. We can offer you:
• A well-resourced and modern school
• Opportunities for professional growth and training for you to develop your expertise
• Outstandingly well behaved and eager children.
• An ambitious and well-motivated team.
• A fully inclusive school which is aspirational for every child
• A supportive team of staff; Building Champion Learners through: Extensive Opportunity, Expert Tuition, Purposeful Practice & Personal Effort
• A broad, stimulating and ambitious enquiry-based curriculum
• An Outstanding leadership team with a clear vision for the school and a determination for Blackhorse to be judged ‘Outstanding’ within 3 years.
• One day a day a year to support your wellbeing
• Free child care at our breakfast and after school club
The person appointed will require a good standard of general education, normally evidenced by 3 or more GCSEs (including Maths and English) at Level 4 (Grade C) or above, or other equivalents. Previous experience of working with children in an educational setting is required and some vocational training/qualification in the care, development or education of children would be desirable.
The closing date for applications is: 12 noon on Friday 11th February 2022
Interviews are scheduled to take place on: Thursday 17th February 2022
The school is committed to safeguarding children and young people, and all staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Some roles may need to comply with the Childcare Act 2006, and the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2018 where additional disclosure of information will be required.
Blackhorse Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.