SEN Teaching Assistants x2
Start date: As soon as possible.
Hours: 32 Hours 30 Minutes per week, term time only (8.30am – 12pm & 1pm – 4pm Monday to Friday)
Salary: Hay 10 (£15,414 - £16,358 per annum)
This is a fixed term post until 31st August 2023 subject to governors staffing and financial review.
We are looking to appoint 2 part time SEND Teaching Assistants to work within our amazing and inclusive school to support our primary school children with EHCP’s and SEND to achieve the best possible outcomes.
The successful candidates will have experience of supporting children with identified needs including; Autism, Speech, language and communication difficulties, Attachment, SEMH and developmental delay.
The successful candidates will have a passion for setting high expectations and aspirations for all children and especially those with SEN/D. Experience of working alongside class teachers to support children’s needs is essential.
Patience, empathy and a nurturing approach along with the ability to think on your feet and be flexible are all characteristics which will come naturally to you.
This is a very exciting opportunity for a committed and versatile person to join our fantastic team of staff. We can offer you:
• A well-resourced and modern school
• Opportunities for you to develop your career through professional growth
• Outstandingly well behaved and eager children.
• An ambitious and well-motivated team.
• A fully inclusive school which is aspirational for every child
• A supportive team of staff; Building Champion Learners through: Extensive Opportunity, Expert Tuition, Purposeful Practice & Personal Effort
• A broad, stimulating and ambitious enquiry-based curriculum (we are a Curious City Curriculum School).
• An Outstanding leadership team with a clear vision for the school and a determination for Blackhorse to be judged ‘Outstanding’ within 3 years.
The person appointed will require a good standard of general education, normally evidenced by 3 or more GCSEs (including Maths and English) at Level 4 (Grade C) or above, or other equivalents. Previous experience of working with children in an educational setting is required and some vocational training/qualification in the care, development or education of children would be desirable.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
Some roles may need to comply with the ‘Childcare Act 2006’ and the ‘Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009’ where additional disclosure of information will be required.
The closing date for applications is: Wednesday 6th October at 9am
Interviews are scheduled to take place on: Tuesday 12th October
Blackhorse Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.