Teaching Assistant – KS2
Start date: 1st November 2021 or sooner if possible.
Hours: 20 hours per week, term time only.
Salary: Hay 9 (£10,683 - £11,794 per annum)
The successful candidate will have:
• experience of working in KS2
• the skills to build a positive, nurturing relationship that models inclusion, patience and high expectations
• experience of working as part of a team committed to building resilient, independent learners
• an understanding of the National Curriculum for Upper KS2
• ideally have experience with implementing effective intervention
• have a knowledge of IT skills and understand how IT can be used to support learning
• a commitment to our Christian Values
In return, we can offer:
• a welcoming environment in which the needs of pupils are at the
centre of all we do.
• a dedicated team with a wide range of experience
• access to continued professional learning
• the opportunity to join a forward thinking school at the start of an exciting journey.
Closing date for applicants will be 27th September 2021.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
Some roles may need to comply with the ‘Childcare Act 2006’ and the ‘Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009’ where additional disclosure of information will be required.
St Mary's Church of England Primary School, Thornbury is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.